Parents super strick on dating. Help?

So, my parents have put way too much pressure on me for dating. Basically, they want me to date girls only of my skin color, conservative, down to earth, smart, good in school, ect. or else...

Please help

Most Helpful Girl

• wait until you move out of your house, or don't tell them about your dates.

What Girls Said 5

• What do you want then? :)

... Sometimes you need to drive over your parents options to get what you want, that is life. At the end of the day they're your parents they will love you anyways.

• Umm, they only want what's best for you. Just go along with their rules until you can move out...

What is the color of your skin anyway? Are your parent about racist?

• Not racist, just a continuation of their parents expectations. I know they want the best for me, but It's a little overwhelming.

• I'm sorry, you could try finding a girl that meets their rules...

• Do what works for you

• do what you want. you have to live with it not your parents

• move out of their house

What Guys Said 2

• If you are on your own, then you should date whomever you want. There's no reason that you need to do everything your folks tell you, especially since you are of legal age as an adult. However, maybe ask your parents why they feel that way. Find out if they have legitimate reasons to why they have these strict rules. It sounds like they mean well, except for dating someone of the same skin. You should be able to date someone of other color, if you want.

• strict*