Guys, would you date a girl who's a foot shorter than you?

I'm going to go on a date with one of my friend's friend, and he's a foot taller than me. We've only met in person a couple of times during our cross country meets, and even then it wasn't for very long. I'm Vietnamese and so I'm very short. I'm 5'1; he on the other hand is a very tall Caucasian. He's 6'1. Do you think that our height difference would be a turn off for him? When we first started talking he told me he threw compliment after compliment at me about my appearance and personality, but I'm worried once he realizes how short I am that he'll be turned off and won't like me. I'm very self conscious about my height, and I'm terrified he won't like me because I'm so short. Is it normal for me to fear this? Or am I just over analyzing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm nearly 6 feet, and I used to have a crush on a girl at least a foot shorter. I don't typically see height as being a huge deal. I agree with the others; you're over thinking it.

I'm sure it'll go we'll. :)

What Guys Said 5

• Your height is ideal for any guy, so don't worry about how tall he is, your be awesome, if not then at least you know that he's a shallow jerk and that he's obviously not worthy of your talents,x

• Over analyzing for sure. I'm pretty tall (6'5") and have no problem with dating someone a foot or more shorter than me.

• Yeah there's nothing wrong with short women. I like it.

• Your over analyzing this, most guys like girls that are much shorter than them!

• If she's intelligent, beautiful, charming and I have chemistry with her, then definitely. It also depends on the girls personality.

What Girls Said 3

• My husbands a foot taller then me

• Being a short girl, I've noticed that the guys who have liked me in the past are at least a foot taller. They find our height endearing. I'd say if it's bothering you too much, wear heeled shoes :) (I know I do!)

• Yessss a guy would :D

Good luck