Parents and dating...even as a friggin adult..?

So I've been seeing this guy for a while now and I really like him. We want to make it official but there's just one problem..my parents. They are super strict. Mostly because of their culture and religion (they are Muslim). Guys are just a huge NO. However, my mom is more relaxed and knows I've been seeing this guy (he's white btw). I'm getting sick of having to make excuses to go out and hang out with him and we really want to make it official but I am scared to because of my parents.

I'm not even usually allowed to stay out past like 7pm. I'm 19 and really mature for my age as well. How do I deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had to break up with a 22yr old because of strict parents. They were more lenient but it got old after a while. They always knew TMI facts about us and we could never stay at her place and she'd always want to hang out with me but had no car and her parents took over her finances even though she was working and going to school.

Honestly, you gotta either fight them off about this or be stuck in this situation until you move out. Many older people have this problem too because the cost of living it high so even 30+ year old people are stuck with bullshit "rules."

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• you are 19 and can date who you want and do what you want.

• finish school, get a job, and move out. I know, easier said than done. I'm in a similar boat but not exactly the same reasons. my parents are somewhat strict and would definitely not be happy if I dated outside my religion even though I am not so strict with my religion. that doens't bother me so much though, my issue is that they are controlling

• if you're living at their house, then yeah, you have to follow their rules. You're 19, you're an adult. move out