Unreligious guy but I like a very religious girl?

so, I really like this girl and she really likes me and I've been thinking about asking her out. She is very christian, not to mention innocent, and never been kissed (idk how she's beautiful funny and caring), and her parents are very religious. to the point where they wouldn't want us dating, but she has said she would still date me despite that. she knows I'm a good guy. I have really good morals (I guess comparitively to some other guys) and she knows I would respect her so I really don't think I should worry about it at all but its been nagging me... what could come up in our relationship if I'm athiest and she's christian?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm atheist too. Nothing wrong with dating a christian girl. Everyone can believe what they want. If you and her are happy, then there's nothing wrong with that.

They only thing you may need to consider is that her family may not approve of her dating someone who doesn't believe in god. They may not appreciate you. I've been through something similar. She didn't like me very much and her family didn't approve that I was atheist. I'm kind of happy we separated because her family would give us a living hell. lol

What Girls Said 4

• Well if she's really religious like you say then religion can be a big dealbreaker for people, because a Christian's life is centered around God.

Being in a similar situation to the girl you're describing, I've met plenty of guys that I've really liked and found very attractive, but after a while when I realize that they don't share the same passion for God that I do, I can't continue the relationship.

I think it's great that you have good morals, that's a huge plus.

But to be very honest, as a Christian, I might hangout with an atheist and I could very well go on a few dates with him, but I could never marry one or be in a truly serious relationship with one.

Simply because someone who spends that much time with me needs to be a good influence for me, and I want to grow my relationship with God.

Just my thoughts, I say go for it if you really like her and just treat her right and everything may work out for you (: but just know that religion is a huge deal to most people and a dealbreaker

• So you would go on a few dates with him, but not become serious like marriage? What about a high school relationship? Not super serious, but fun and honest

• I can't say there's one answer. Some Christians believe dating without the intent of marriage is really pointless and try to avoid it. Others think it's okay to have some fun as long as they stay within their morals (i.e. No sex before marriage, no doing anything they don't believe in, the relationship is very simple). All I can say is you should just go for it, there's no way of knowing for sure what she wants.

• Hopefully nothing no. Like sex her religion sys you shouldn't have sex. Where are how would you want to get married, again not something you should be thinking about.

On a day to day basis you might not agree on some topics and argue more. I'm and atheist and I tried to date a Christian. I have gay friends=problems. I don't think my sex and reproductive rights should be controlled=problems.

The day I really understood it wouldn't work was last Christmas. I went to a family event with him to church. I was polite and respectful. I never once voiced my opinion. He thought that it meant I was being converted and started to believe in God. Nope.

• There shouldn't be any short-term problems, but if you guys were together for a long time it could get in the way if she wanted you to try to be more religious. It all depends on how strong your feelings are for each other and what you guys are willing to compromise and work out along the way.

• There are some topics here on religions, and some people do let it bother them if they are from different religion groups or they choose not to date someone who is in religion. I respect all religions and would not slander any even though we are in different religions.

To me if you really like a person you should fight to get your happiness, I wouldn't allow religion/parents/friends or anyone or anything to interfere it. However the other party has to be respectful and considerate not to impose their beliefs onto the other, or pressure them to convert. there must be mutual agreement and respect. do you forsee any issues coming up because you are athiest and she's christian?

What Guys Said 3

• what is so attractive about an innocent/virgin girl that has never been kissed, and funny and caring?

• What could come up? nothing, you would get sick of her religion in no time, and she will end up on your nerves like nothing else

• If she is very religious as you said, she would priority god and religion before you and sex.

• Pray about it?