Would you date interracially?

why or why not? my friend and I just got over bad break ups :/ so we want to try it what are your thoughts on it? and would you do it? why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah we're all human beings. It's whatever to me. If you're attracted then you're attracted so go for it!

• Hmm I wonder why people just noticed.. I didn't want the responsibility. Nothing happened :)

• Also when it comes to dating people I don't think you should consider it as something you just "try" or dabble in. People are people regardless of their race and people are more or less the same besides some cultural differences.

What Guys Said 26

• Yes I would, because people born from a different ancestry aren't a separate species

• Yes, I would. I feel that what's more important is an individuals personality and being attracted to them... If it feels right to be with that person, then other factors are not so important. If this is something that you want to try and it feels right, then go for it and I wish you good luck! :o)

• I think interracial relationships are great. It gets you to learn and experience what life and society is like in other races and cultures. It may be a little tough at first, but if I am really into that person, I will give it my best try. More and more Interracial relationships around the world might also help people bond with one another, come closer, be more friendly, understanding, and make racism much less of an issue.

• No, that's not for me and here's a very tiny portion of why. I included a link at the bottom. As well as the unbiased/unabridged scientific findings from The July 2003 issue of the American Journal of Public Health in a second link below.

The July 2003 issue of the American Journal of Public Health published a massive study of spousal homicide. It was conducted by 18 experts in the medical field. The study states “Femicide, the homicide of women, is the leading cause of death in the United States among young African American women aged 15 to 45 years.” Most women are murdered by a male partner.

A previous issue of the journal published a study showing blacks males are even 33% more likely to kill their spouse if she is white instead of black.

According to the study, white females married to black males are 12.4 times more likely to be murdered by their husbands than white females married to white males. The same study shows that white men married to black women are 21.4 times more likely to be murdered by their wife than white men married to white women. The study shows that white women married to black men have the single highest risk of death by femicide of any married women in the US.

Source: J A Mercy and L E Saltzman. Fatal violence among spouses in the United States, 1976-85.. American Journal of Public Health: May 1989, Vol. 79, No. 5, pp. 595-599.

“The National Black Women’s Health Project” has identified the battering of women as the number one health issue for African American women (Joseph, 1997).

In 1998, Salber and Taliaferro reported that the spousal homicide rate among African Americans is 8.4 times more than for whites. (Source WebMD.com)

AIDS: According to the CDC, black men who identify as heterosexual are 15 times more likely to be diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. Black men are also more likely to have HIV/AIDS and not be diagnosed. However, let’s assume the rate at which black and white men with HIV/AIDS goes undiagnosed. If you had a million young white women and 7% engaged in relations with black men, then more women in that 7% will have been exposed to HIV/AIDS than the other 93%.

This does not end with AIDS. According to the CDC, black are 8.7 times more likely to be diagnosed with chlamydia. 20.5 times more likely to be diagnosed with gonorrhea, and 9.1 times more likely to be diagnosed with syphilis.

Black females are over 20 times more likely to be diagnosed with HIV/AIDS than white females.

link

The July 2003 issue of the American Journal of Public Health: link

• 2003

2013

10 years

Sounds to me like someone just wanted to rant about blacks. I would introduce you to another user on here, since he loves this topic as well...

• I understand. I suppose what I would do is next time concede just a bit in my initial statement, that's if I actually care that what I have to say reaches people (Lol). But it sounds like you do care, which is good. Although, when you present studies like these people will be angered regardless (Hence, my recent question).

• That is true about people getting angered. You're profile is marked private so I can't view your questions or answers. Would you mind providing a link to said a fore mentioned question, please?

• I feel like the pressure would come more from each others' friends and family, especially if their friends/family are predominantly one race or another. You especially have to consider the family, because if you want the relationship to go somewhere, their family is part of the deal that you can't avoid and have a successful relationship.

Despite that I see no reason they shouldn't date, but they have to be aware that they might have to go the extra mile to make the other person comfortable in their circle of friends/family.

• Any particular reason I was rated down for this response? I think this whole topic makes for pretty interesting discussion. If you have something to say, why not say it (even anonymously) rather than just randomly rating down? Cowards =P

• Sure, if you decide to date me :) In all seriousness I always have, find it more interesting to see new cultures from a partner.

• I'd do it.

PS, the question isn't new: link

• I wouldn't do it. Not because I find girls of other races unattractive, it's just that they would be completely put off by my culture and religion. I mean I'm an Indian American guy who is quite westernized but at the same time at home we still preserve our ethnic culture while being adapted to the American culture. In a land where non-American or non-European culture is completely looked down upon as backward by the norm, especially girls then I don't wanna go through all that awkwardness. I'd like a girl who would be willing to respect and appreciate who I am and where I'm from and I don't think any non Indian girl would find my ethnic culture appealing. Plus, girls in general don't even find brown skinned Indian men attractive so it's not like any girl would miss out. Brown skinned Indian men are the least desirable men by women. White, black, and Hispanic men are the only men that are successful in dating interracial.

• An Asian woman fervently wants a Caucasian male. It raises her self-esteem and socio-economic status among her peers.

If you're an Asian male, you also want a Caucasian woman, but most WW feel they're too feminine.

White's successful in dating White's tend to stick to their own.

The undesirable WM's tend to date Asian, as it is void of resistance (See above).

The undesirable WW tend to date Hispanic/Latino or Black.

In a nutshell, minorities will say "Yes", and they really mean "date White."

IR dating trends tend to follow a hierarchy, with White at the top.

• That's actually very true, and statistically backed. In fact the last international poll I have seen done regarding this placed black women as the least desirable females (according to those polled) and Asian males being ranked least desirable males. I believe the recent influx of interracial marriages are actually caused by military grade psychological conditioning to reduce racial tensions in the U.S.A Research the history of psychological operations and look at pro-interracial cartoons/media.

• Funny and honest. Love it, burgers. I disagree though, I think everyone wants to yes to appear more openminded no matter what their preference. Your "hierarchy" seems pretty stop on in my opinion though. Doesn't make it right, of course. My dad (a narcissist asshole with a semi-good heart) is now dating a Vietnamese woman and I've never seen him happier. He's dated plenty of colors before her though. My bio mother was half black. I'd date outside my race, which I'd call white, but I prefer white

• Hey, MRK. It's been awhile. How's your holidays? As I read your comment, I'm not exactly sure what you're in disagree with. That's surprising, I thought you were perhaps part Italian, Native, or Hispanic.

• Sure. Why not?

• do you want to try interracial dating just because you had a bad break up with a white guy? Or would you have been open to the idea regardless of how bad the break up was?

• Absolutely.

• Doesn't matter about race to me :) I mean I'm just a random Asian boy who once dated a black girl. Of course I've dated some Japanese girls though. Currently in love with this sweet white girl <3

• interracial dating is cool. if someones too immature to handle the fact that you're dating someone with a different skin color than you, it's their problem and not yours

• the fact people have a term to describe people of two "races" have a relationship seems stupid to me. I would tell you its OK but the truth is I don't give a f*k when I see that kind of stuff cause its nothing special its good its normal. What matters is you two have good reasons to be together other than cause both of you had bad break ups. I'm a normal guy I mean what attracts me first its how someone looks but at the end what most matters is who I feel with that person if it makes me feel great or not.

• lol, "We're tired of dem white boys, gotta try something new".

Ouch.

• thats not true my boyfriends have just always been white and they haven't really worked out for me so I want to explore I'm always gonna love my white guys though as well as other guys of different race

• Lol. Fret not, Asian women will festively pick up the WM's slack. ;-)

• WW* God that's an awful typo..

• Sure if we had a connection

• Yes but never any black chicks. I can't stand their culture and ethics.

• Hows their culture and ethics? explain

• I'm part black and see nothing wrong with this response. How he views this topic is how most white males do. And to be honest, it's typically the undesirable and rejected white guys who go for black or Asian girls. They struggle with their own and become culture vultures with fetishes. You never see a Liam Hemsworth with a black or Asian girl.

• UHHH what exactly is out culture and ethics?

• Yeah, definitely.

• No

• Yes, I would and my reason why is because I don't see a reason why not? If I find the person attractive and I like the person, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't try to date them. Their race is irrelevant.

• You know interracial dating isn't like trying a different flavor of ice cream. It's just like being in any other relationship. I would and have many times. If they're attractive and you get along...it'll work out. One thing that's interesting about dating outside your race? Once the intimacy barrier is broken you two can be super blunt about each others race. The Last blonde girl I dated had the funniest questions about Hispanic culture. She also had some interesting observations.

• I never have, but I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. I've been attracted to people outside of my race before, I've just never asked them out--but it should be noted that I rarely ask ANYONE out.

So long as I feel some sort of attraction to them and they seem kind and caring, I'd would be up for it. I don't think I would do it for the sole purpose of trying it though. Just doesn't seem real if that were to be my main reason. Also, careful dating right outside of a relationship. Don't want to accidentally make someone your rebound and hurt them or be hurt emotionally afterwards.

• I've mostly dated outside my race and no problems thus far. No harm in you giving it a shot. Cast a wide net and see what works best!

• Yes I would. A woman is a woman to me. What races are you interested in dating?

• If I find them attractive and like their personality then yeah of course

What Girls Said 26

• I don't see why I wouldn't! If we like each other and want to date, that's all that's required. I'm with a guy who is from a different culture (he's white though), and I've learned a lot. So I imagine I could learn a lot from an interracial relationship.

• Yes and I currently am, he's black. Race is not a priority to me when deciding who I date. I just date who I like and who I am compatible with.

• thats good I agree I think dating should be all about that and its not that my folks would have a problem with it it just came to me I am attracted to other guys of different race I didn't think nothing of it because I always had a white boyfriend an now I feel like I want explore an try something new :) liek I said I've always been attarcted to guys race doesn't matter to me either it just happend that my boyfriend always ended up being a white guy but yeah lol I'm ready to try something new

• Okay then I think you should go for it:)

• Yes I would. I'm actually most attracted to Latino men. I just like darker features, find men who can speak Spanish to be very sexy, and like several aspects of various Latino cultures. I have friends who are somewhat traditional Mexicans, so I've been exposed to it for a lot of my life. I'm attracted to white guys, too, though. I haven't really met many Asian men I've been interested in personally, but I don't necessarily find them unattractive either... The only race I'm not attracted to are black men.

• I don't see any reason why not to, aside from personal feelings of attraction, if you happen to not be attracted to people outside of your own race. And there's nothing wrong with that, I think it's one of the more valid 'reasons' to not want to date outside your race. More valid in my eyes than societal or family pressures, that's for sure.

I've dated interracially before. My first boyfriend was Hispanic, his father being from Mexico. It wasn't ever an issue for us, and none of our family seemed to mind at all. I'd have no problem doing so again if I happened to find myself super into and attracted to a guy who wasn't white, lol, I don't care much about things like that. Out of my -relationships-, only one has been interracial, but a couple of my purely friendly/sexual relationships have been as well.

I don't think it's a big deal, and I don't know too many people [especially personally] who trip about mixing when it comes to dating. My area is primarily white, but with a large Hispanic population, and smaller percentages of other minorities making up the rest. The black and Asian populations are a bit higher in the bigger cities, but the rest is the same. With such a high Hispanic population where I live, for as long as I can remember, it's not at all unusual to see white and Hispanic people mixing romantically, or black and Hispanic, or black and white. Other combinations are less common, but definitely not unheard of. Some friends of mine, one is east Asian and the other is Hispanic, they're engaged and just had an adorable baby boy a couple months ago. My dad's ex wife and my [ex] step sister are from Brazil. None of those things are really looked down upon within my family or community.

• The notion of "race" is ridiculous in itself. I'm always surprised to see how many people fuss over it when we don't even talk about "race" where I live (France). As several other users said, we're all human beings. Having ancestors who lived on different continents doesn't make us belong to a different "race".

As for your question, my boyfriend is Vietnamese and I am French, which, I guess, would make it "interracial" dating. I haven't noticed anything special, other than his parents making me try all the traditional Vietnamese soups :P

Date who you are attracted to, no matter their so-called race :)

• France is pure, eh?

United Nations Slams France for Racism: "This utterly unacceptable abuse of a prominent politician, on the basis of her colour, is a stark manifestation of the rising racism, xenophobia and intolerance aimed at members of ethnic and religious minorities."

Throwing banana's at politicians of color? Stay classy, France.

link

• Surely you do not mean to put ALL the French in the same bag, right ?

I am not saying we are pure. Racism is still around, but the term "race" is not used by as many young people as I see around this site, that's all. You will find racists dumbasses everywhere, France included. As for myself, I have nothing against someone's colour or ancestors.

• I've dated a Colombian/Puerto Rican guy before, he was so good to me! He was passionate, tended to my every need, and spoiled me rotten...but he was very jealous. He would get heated if I had a free minute and wanted to spend time with anyone other than him. I never worried about him hurting me, but sometimes it got tense and he would step to other people in a minute if he felt someone was staring too hard.Some Hispanic men tend to be very possessive and jealous. But, not all are like this most of the time they are affectionate and passionate. My preference to date interracially would be with another minority. There's a lot of white men Lurking out there that see black women as a Fetish and it's Disgusting. Yeah, they will date or Screw you but don't Expect a ring coming your way.

Africans and Arabs are also a great path to take. ;)

• your hair <3

• I too love your hair. I hate that I could never pull it off. Because whenever I see someone look that good I want to try it myself. But I couldn't make that happen for me if I tried

• Yes

• It sounds like it is just a fad to you and your friend.

• Yes.

My boyfriend is white...and I'm mixed.

That said, it sounds like you're fetishizing or turning into another stereotype. You know, that rejected white women end up with non white men.

• yes I would. it wouldn't be better or worse than dating your own race. I don't see your logic there.

• im not saying it as a bad thing I've always been attarcted to guys of different race I just never really dated one my boyfriends just happened to all be white and now I feel like I want try a nice guy outside my race

• Of course! It comes down to whom you're attracted to based on personal attributes, not skin color.

• Yeah I don't see why not. If they are cute and sweet... You can't just say black guys are hot, not all of them are. That's like saying white guys are hot, and obviously that's not always true. I don't have much of a preference when it come to looks. Cute is my preference. I've found plenty of guys of other races to be very attractive and probably worth dating. I would go out of my way to date someone of another color though

• well I know that not every black guy is hot it all depends what your attracted too

• Wouldn't* in that last sentence. Although I'm not sure why I said that. I wouldn't go out of my way to date anyone unless I really liked them.

• I don't consider interracial dating to be some kind of new food that you "try". I just don't care about race/etc.

• Absolutely. Race doesn't really play a factor for me.

Being Indian, my parents would prefer for me to date someone Indian as well. Though, my brother's dating a lovely Chinese woman and they've more or less gotten used to it.

What I find interesting is that the Indian communities - at least where I live - tend to be the most intolerant towards black people. Naturally, I'll be fucking a black guy and bringing him home at least once. Just my little way of supporting world peace.

On another note, I'm not a huge fan when someone is particularly taken with me solely BECAUSE of the fact that I'm Indian. Then it's just like I'm some fantasy being checked off their 'sex bucket list.'

Look beyond, people. Look beyond.

• Yes.

Without hesitation.

• Yes I had and I would do it again.I think interracial dating is great.

• yes I would. I don't understand why need to restrict to own race, you like who you like.

• oh I haven't I've always been attarcted to other guys of different race its just it never really came to me to date outside my race my bofyriends have always been white but yes I have been attracted to other men of different race and I feel like I want to try something new :)

• Oooo here come fish burger

Yes it's good to be like me :P

I doubt she would just accept anyone that come along. .we need to do qc. I wouldn't blindly like a mean person even if he is white. :)

• Lmao, Fish Burger. Fair enough. :)

• Yes of course. Everyone has their own personal taste :)

• why not... it's currently a big social trend and I want to get 'globalised' please

• Yes, race doesn't matter to me but I often find myself attracted to black and white men, I'm black myself.

• I would yes.

Most people are open to dating maybe one race outside of their own, but I don't think most people are open to ALL races.

• Yes and I have before!

• Yeah I would and because I see nothing wrong with it..we are not in the only age where it seemed like a sin or something like that.

• Yeah I would. I don't care about color.

• Yes, of course. And I have before, many times. It didn't matter and was never an issue with us or anyone around us.

• You make it sound like interracial dating is your last resort...

love is love no matter what colour a person is.

• no no I don't ask to sound rude about it I'm actually interested because every guy I dated has a been a white guy and I have been attracted to other men of different races but never really done anything I don't mean to make it sound like a last resort

• Okay :)