My parents won't let me date!

im turning 19 my parents won't let me date cos when they think dating they think sex! I've always been a good kid. I finished school on 17 I just finished my 1st year of university. I'm responsible ect. but they feel that if you are not going to marry the guy you shouldn't date, but how do I get to know someone if we can't date? & they feel you don't know what love is at 19. urgh how do I convince them to let me date. this is typical of black parents!

done that. they never give us a straight foward answer!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're at college now right? So how can they enforce whether or not you have a boyfriend or not. Even when people do live with their parents they are still able to date without their permission all the time. You're parents won't know and you are an adult and can do what you want now.

• im studying in my home town so I'm living @ home otherwise I would have had a boyfriend long ago. I could have a boyfriend & not let them know about it but then I feel what's the use if with time he cannot even meet my family. besides my mom is not very understanding she makes everything about her. kind of the manipulative type. she's not someone id share my problems or stuff with. physically (like feeding me. washing my clothes going with me to the doctoer ect) she's a great mom, but emotionally I don't have a mom. don't get me wrong I'm gratefull. but I cannot talk to her about things.

What Guys Said 2

• You are old enough to decide things like that yourself, they have no rights to tell you what to do and what not to do. Ofcouse to some extent as I asume you still live with them, but still.

You simply go ahead and date whoever you wanna date.

• You don't need your parents permision for everything. Sounds like they are religious to me.

• Legally your an adult and can do whatever you want.

• lol they couldn't give a damn about the law!

What Girls Said 2

• They have no right to say anything about this. You're legally an adult now and can make your own decisions.

• Tell them life without experience is just existance.

OR

find out how they met, at what age, how they felt, what your grandparents thought etc. Make them relate to you.