Why Indian/Middle Easterners against interracial marriages/dating so much?

I have these two friends who told me how interracial dating or marriage is something that will be looked down upon by their people.Then I asked this one Punjabi girl if she willing to date a white guy then she was like 'omg no!' with a very serious look.I have seen so many questions here like how desperate Indian men try to date white women but still in real I never really see them taking white women home.What's up with them?

0|0
9|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Sri Lankan (well my parents are) and it's not a big deal to my family. A lot of my cousins (and some uncles and aunts) have married/dated interracially and so I've got a pretty multicultural family.

I think it's a big deal to people who really follow their customs/religion - the family wants it to stay like that, so they're encouraged (or pressured) to marry one of "their own".

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Actually a lot of rich middle easterners do marry Russian girls, I 've seen them in Dubai but of course, you won't notice when they're fully covered by their attire, adopted Muslim names and face have concealed.

2|0
    0|0
  • Religion

1|0
    4|1
  • Religion most likely. Or other prejudices or it's just their culture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion. I know shocking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion.

1|0
    3|0
  • For the same reason people believe all sorts of silly things. Religion.

2|0
    2|0
  • Religion of course.

2|0
    3|1
  • Religion.

2|0
    3|1

What Guys Said 2