She turned me down for a second date, now texts me?

A few weeks ago, I went on a date with a girl I have class with. The next week I asked her on a second date, and she said she was busy that week, so I asked what about the next week, and she again responded busy. So I took this as rejection and just moved on, we continued to sit by each other in class and make small talk, but I made much less effort to talk to her before or after class and stopped trying to flirt. Now today, she texted me asking if she missed anything in class. Perhaps I'm trying to make something out of nothing, but why would she text me now?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) she was genuinely busy

2) she only wants friendship

3) she wants to keep you around for maybe later

Could be only one, or could be all three. Who knows. Plus realistically she kinda has to find out what she missed and maybe you're the only one she can ask. Generally speaking though if she's actually interested, she'll feel bad about turning you down twice and would probably try to set up another date.

What Girls Said 5

• sounds like she friend zoned you ..

• she might be bored and wanting attention...she might have had "unfinished business" with someone else, she might really have been busy. take chances--go for it

• She misses the attention she got from you before. Doesn't seem like she likes you ( because if she did there would be no hesitation to go on that second date) but likes having you in her life and basically paying her attention. It's not that bad you could get a great friendship rather then a relationship. But then again I could be completely wrong.

• She could be really busy

• may be she was really busy...and may be she doesnot want to loose your friendship...cuz if I'm no interested in someone, I would not text him asking about class, I would fail my class if he's the only person I have to ask.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sorry, but it is nothing.