Bad texting? Is it a guy thing or are some guys just bad at texting?

I met this guy online; we sent each other texts and then decided to meet. We talked for hours (9 at night till 4 the next morning), he said we must do it more, but the thing is he is a really bad at sending text messages. We can talk on the phone like we did face to face.

Is there a reason that he is bad at texting? We both have the normal 8-5 job but it seems as soon as we start texting, his answers are very short and he seems distant. Face to face it’s a another thing he can’t stop talking. Is it a guy thing ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am awesome at texting , except I've learned to resist the temptation while driving ! lol

although texting can over power the relationship. The reason why your man has so much to say is because you don't know about it yet.

He is a smart man wanting to keep the eagerness to want to gaze into your beautiful eyes as he shares his day with his amazing woman. :),

told ya I'm good at texting ,lol

• lol tanx texting and driving a no-no , waiting and being patient not my strong point

• awww thanks for the best answer your man is a lucky one lol

What Guys Said 4

• Guys don't like expressing to much in a text, because it can be read wrongly, so when its short, its because he can't think of the words he needs to get, to sound like what he means to say,x

• It's not necessarily a guy thing. I know people; men, women, young and old who are terrible at it. I think the reason may be that it's harder to keep a conversation going by texting. The whole sending and then waiting thing. Plus, some people continue conversations based on the other person's feelings or responses (tone of voice). Maybe he'll get more used to it once he starts doing it more and more.

• It might just be a guy thing I guess it kinda depends how he likes to communicate. I know my brother and his girlfriend text all day long about stuff, which is fine but if it was me and a girl I really liked I would like to call her sometimes, not that texting is bad but I just would rather talk...hope that makes sense. Not all people are best at texting, they might just find it easier to talk, do you guys talk(like on the phone) alot?

• It's mostly a guy thing. There are some who are good at it and some who aren't. I personally don't mind chatting more through text though if I'm tired I will tend to keep it short.

What Girls Said 0