I received loads of emails from a guy on a dating site then he suddenly stopped messaging?

I received loads of emails from a guy on a dating site then he suddenly stopped messaging me. I have a profile on an online dating site, where this guy made the first contact. He suggested to me to add him on Facebook, than we had a chat and messaged to each other for a couple of days. He always replied immediately as he went online. Now it's been 2 days now that he hasn't replied to my last message, though I can see him online in the chat window, also he is active on his profile. Did I say something that turned him off? My FB pics are as good as my dating profile pics, there is nothing wrong with them, I'm quite attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure it has nothing to do with your pictures. And I don't know what you said the last time you talked to him, but unless you said you want to marry him or admitted that you're a serial killer, I highly doubt you said anything that drove him away.

This is just how dating sites *are.* I'm not saying that people who meet online can't have a good relationship- it definitely happens, all the time- but there's also a lot of deceit and flakiness that goes along with the online dating world. The anonymity tends to attract shady folks, I think, and it allows ambiguity and shady behavior to seem acceptable even though it's far less than most people would accept if they were dating/hanging out/talking to someone on a face-to-face basis. Who knows what he's really doing or thinking- there are a million possible reasons why he's suddenly stopped contacting you, but MY feeling is that it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him not being *quite* the person he made you think he was.

My advice is to let it roll right off, don't waste another second worrying about him, and move on to the next cute guy you meet or who sends you a message.

Online dating requires somewhat of a thicker skin, just for this reason.

What Guys Said 3

• you didn't show interest as much as he expected.. so he thought you are not interested. SOrry, he may have moved on.

• Maybe he is busy and will answer you later.

• He felt you were not interested in him.

What Girls Said 0