Girls would you date a guy younger than you?

So I was talking to this girl and I told her that I only date older girls. And she said my best friend said I need to date someone older that has assets and has there things together. Would you date someone younger than you? I may not be that old but I've been around the block and have my stuff together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Two of my four boyfriends (my first and second) have been younger than me. The first one was only, like, a year and a half younger, and that relationship wasn't really anything worth talking about. The second one, though, was a completely different story. Honestly, he was the closest thing I ever had to a high-school sweetheart. We were almost three and a half years apart, but I honestly forgot about the age difference until someone said something like, "So, is it weird to be dating a guy so much younger than you?" he was very mature...in many ways, he was even more mature than I was. It was a wonderful relationship...even though we couldn't make it last forever.

What Girls Said 21

• it would depend on maturity in all the right ways... I might like people younger than me, but I wouldn't date them unless I felt we were on the same level maturity-wise...

• i'm 24 and my boyfriend is 22 and I love it. he's my best friend and he always jokes around and says I'm a cougar but I think he really likes the fact that I'm a few years older than him. our age difference doesn't bother me at all, I hardly ever notice it besides its not like I'm 30 and he's 20. he's got the best sense of humor and sometimes I feel like he keeps me young (is that weird?) :)

• How young is he? I am 24 and if he is anyone younger than me around 1-2 years I will be fine.Not more than that.

• yes, what is it with people on here and age differences, if you find someone you like and you are both adults I see no reason why age should matter, its the person you fall for not their birth certificate.

• I've liked a lot of guys up to two years younger than I am, so yeah. If he's mature and a nice person.

• Probably not if I did only within a matter of months. I don't find that younger guys have a high enough level of maturity to be compatible with.

• Yeah...my Boyfriend is 4 years younger than me

• Yeah

• Yes, sure. But for now, not more than 3 years younger. Then the gap gets too big, I think. When I get in my 30's, I'm sure that gap will get smaller and I would probably date even younger guys.

• I don't think I could date more then a couple years, for me it's just being in different places in life, and even the mature young guys I have met are still just not quite there yet.

• never

• Yes, sure.

• No

• yes I would

• yes but no more than a couple years younger

• I dated a guy 10 years my junior more like a FWB relationship it was great will it lasted.

• Yeah but not more than 2 years younger.

• By a year or two

• Well I'm 24, so not at the moment. Guys younger than me are still in school. But when I'm older, like 30 and above, maybe yes. Maturity is key though. I know a 31 yo who acts like he's 25 so age really isn't everything.

• no I wouldnt. I'm just weird I like guys about 2-3 years older then me I feellike they are more on my wave length

• Yes, I would 3 years minimum

What Guys Said 2

• I've dated an older woman.

• I would hope so