Would you date/marry your spouses boyfriend if your spouse suddenly dies, even if you had you spouses blessing?

My wife and I are happily married. She's 33 years old and is approaching the age (35) of where all of her female families have had complications and got sick and died. It's a 50/50 split on who has survived and who has died between the females in the family. The bad thing is the pattern that has emerged. It seems that it comes in groups of three. She would be in the group that dies next. She realizes this and doesn't care. she will live her life they way she wants by enjoying her family and the fun stuff in life. It bugs/worries me though.

She tells me that if she does pass away that I should marry again. She said she would if I died suddenly. She even recommends that I should marry her best friend if she doesn't have a man yet. She says if "I would rather you be married and f*cking her than some woman I don't know. Besides she deserves to be happy" It's a little weird to hear it. But her friend is gorgeous. She just has issues with the way she sees herself and the fact men seem to breaking her heart a lot; and it does sadden me. But I'll cross that bridge if it comes my way. Until then I'll enjoy loving and having my wife around.

Would you date/marry your spouses best friend if your spouse suddenly dies, even if you had you spouses blessing?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I would not. You seem to have a wonderful wife who loves you dearly. Do whatever makes you happy, do not marry her best friend unless you actually love her. In fact, I find it a little unusual she would recommend you to do that. In a way, I would not even bother thinking about marrying someone else after my spouse dies. Just worry about what is happening now and have fun with your wife.

What Girls Said 3

• Aw geez I'm sorry. I think it's OK once you can healthily do so. Repressing yourself forever isn't good. Especially if your spouse explicitly told you it's OK to remarry. but like I said, you have to be able to do that in a healthy way so no rebound, no using as a comfort partner, no using her as a reminder of your wife, etc.

• Definitely not right away. But after I've had time to grieve, possibly.

• Plenty of times

What Guys Said 0