Should I try online dating site again?

I've been debating about this for awhile now and don't know if I should. I did it once before and met an amazing person, thought he was the love of my life. We dated for a year but long story short he turned into an immature ass who wanted to get with whatever girl wanted him. Anyway I'm a bit leery of trying this again because of the last time. And because I'm afraid distance might be an issue, it was a big issue before. What are your thoughts and worries about online dating?

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I have used online dating almost exclusively but that is because I had no other choice. I use to live in the middle of no where and hardly ever home. I have now moved to a new city and don't have any friends yet. So I had to use it and was grateful that it was there.

If you have hit a dry spell in dating, then I definitely recommend it. There are crazy hurtful people everywhere. And online dating is a useful tool, so you might as well use it. But I wouldn't solely rely on it because I think your chances of meeting someone compatible elsewhere are much greater.

1|0
    0|0
    • What site(s) did you use? I t ried a few free ones, mostly spam bots and girls who got 100 messages a day, none that initiated.. kinda sucked.

• I have moved around a little and found that some free sites do better in different cities. I definitely think that match or eharmony have more to offer.

What Guys Said 2

• link

Generally girls seem to get messages from tons of guys without worrying about initiating anything on there, see if you get any red flags and shit from em.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most men I know that use online dating are just in it for the sex although guy I know used speed dating on his phone and met his life partner. So many girls I know have been with jerks and not all from dating sites. My suggestion is to see if your friends know any decent guys they wanna hook you up with first.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Try online dating within your area. Okcupid is great for that! While I had unpleasant experiences, my best friend is now engaged to the guy she met on there and I am living with the guy met through a phone meetup app. It's not always about a booty call. Take a chance again and maybe you will meet someone special

1|0
    0|0