Should I try online dating site again?

I've been debating about this for awhile now and don't know if I should. I did it once before and met an amazing person, thought he was the love of my life. We dated for a year but long story short he turned into an immature ass who wanted to get with whatever girl wanted him. Anyway I'm a bit leery of trying this again because of the last time. And because I'm afraid distance might be an issue, it was a big issue before. What are your thoughts and worries about online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have used online dating almost exclusively but that is because I had no other choice. I use to live in the middle of no where and hardly ever home. I have now moved to a new city and don't have any friends yet. So I had to use it and was grateful that it was there.

If you have hit a dry spell in dating, then I definitely recommend it. There are crazy hurtful people everywhere. And online dating is a useful tool, so you might as well use it. But I wouldn't solely rely on it because I think your chances of meeting someone compatible elsewhere are much greater.

• What site(s) did you use? I t ried a few free ones, mostly spam bots and girls who got 100 messages a day, none that initiated.. kinda sucked.

• I have moved around a little and found that some free sites do better in different cities. I definitely think that match or eharmony have more to offer.

What Guys Said 2

• link

Generally girls seem to get messages from tons of guys without worrying about initiating anything on there, see if you get any red flags and shit from em.

• Most men I know that use online dating are just in it for the sex although guy I know used speed dating on his phone and met his life partner. So many girls I know have been with jerks and not all from dating sites. My suggestion is to see if your friends know any decent guys they wanna hook you up with first.

What Girls Said 1

• Try online dating within your area. Okcupid is great for that! While I had unpleasant experiences, my best friend is now engaged to the guy she met on there and I am living with the guy met through a phone meetup app. It's not always about a booty call. Take a chance again and maybe you will meet someone special