When you date someone you really like, you stop paying attention to other 'orbiters'. True?

I'm dating a guy I'm starting to really like. I generally talk to many people but after dating him for a while, I'm not interested in talking to other men.

Have you felt this way?

• Yes
  • Not really
  • I don't date much/Talk to many ppl
  • See answer

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I notice other girls, I talk to other girls, but I'm not interested in other girls. I talk to them. I acknowledge them, and just by sheer nature of my personality I might even flirt with them (completely without any intent, whatsoever), but there's nothing really there. I don't get excited by other women, I don't want them. So yeah, in a way it's true.

I've always been like that. A one-woman kinda guy. I have the one I want, I'm happy, so why look elsewhere, y'know? I would think if other people register on a level where I'm still pursuing them, then wouldn't that mean something is wrong with my relationship?

Anyway, yeah, I'd say you're right about that. If you're with someone special, the "orbiters" shouldn't really matter much.

What Guys Said 4

• yes same for us guys when we are satisfied in a relationship where we really like the other, you don't need to look any more and don't even think about it.

• ya you will talk to your orbiters when your guy treats you like shit or when he ignores or doesn't listen to your problems.

• That is a normal response in humans dedicated to encouraging mating. It should be "generally" true.

• Yes, once I am in a relationship I don't pay attention to other people

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes.

• This one depends on the individual, if you're really monogamous then this is probably a true statement for you. I still notice other guys when I'm committed, but my radar is definitely turned WAY DOWN than compared to when I'm single and in hunting mode. I'll still notice an attractive man, and for a moment, wonder what it might be like to date him, or see him naked, but they are fleeting thoughts, never with intent and never acted upon, they go as quick as they came. I think that's just human nature, to be curious about others, even if you have the one you want. Our rule of thumb is, looking is OK and touching is NOT.

• Sometimes, but not always.

• I felt exactly the same way now

it's weird that you're single but feel like taken