I've never really cooked. He owns a restaurant. Is there any hope?

I'll be going on a date soon with a guy I met online. He doesn't know that I'm probably one of the few women who has only really prepared chicken, fish and basic breakfasts on the stove top or on the grill. He owns a restaurant/pub so I'm assuming he knows a thing or two about food. ://How do I tell him without sounding lazy or ignorant?

I'm willing to learn! Just always been with guys who love to cook or aren't picky about food. And is it a turn off if a woman isn't the,"homebody" type?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not a turn off if a woman isn't the homebody type but yes guys do expect women to know home stuff more than hey themselves do. If and when the topic of food, recipes comes up ask him his favorite dish, be honest about how much you know about it BUT do express your willingness to learn. Ask him to suggest a few dishes from where you can start off with your cooking. If you can't do this then...steer completely off the topic of food and recipes :P Talk more about past relationships, other likes and dislikes, movies, jokes, booze blah blah. Though the topic of food seems inevitable I see no reason for you to be so worried about it...I mean c'mon!

I would expect that guy to focus on other things about you...you have beautiful eyes...hope they do some magic :D :D

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't expect you to be a chef. If you've basic skills you're sufficient. That's what most of us have.

What Girls Said 1

• No, he won't be overly concerned about your cooking skills. Tell him you don't know a lot but that you'd love to learn! Don't you think that'd be fun, to have him teach you? Good teams are made with partners whose skills compliment one anothers, not those who have the same skillset. Him worrying about your cooking skill would be like a millionaire worried about whether or not that woman of his choice has any money, or a mechanic wondering if the woman of his choice knows how to work on cars . . . Highlight your good qualities, don't worry about announcing off the bat all of your downfalls, he won't be telling you all of his! These are things we learn about each other as the relationship progresses.