Guys: would you date a funny girl?

Ive always been down to earth and funny. Love to laugh and be random at times although I'm pretty girly. Would you date a funny girl or is she too much of a "bro"? We all know women love funny men but I'm curious if its the other way around.

Yeah you are pretty much right. I can't have a guy who can't relax and laugh either but I've opposites attract. Funny men, serious women and vice versa. I wonder how that goes

Most Helpful Guy

• of course dudes like funny girls (in the same way that girls like guys who are nice).

a girl can't just be funny. there also needs to be physical and intellectual chemistry, mutual understanding, similarity in interests and goals, etc. but humor is something that's to your advantage - not to your detriment.

it doesn't matter how funny you are if there's no chemistry, but if there is chemistry, humor will only advance it further.

What Guys Said 34

• NO! A WOMAN THAT MAKES ME LAUGH, SMILE AND BE HAPPY AND STUFF! NO, where's the most dull, uninteresting woman with about as much personality as a shoe, GIMME! O wait, no that was sarcasm, because I nearly forgot I love being around people that make me laugh and smile as much as I make them laugh and smile.

As for the "bro" thing, no I prefer a feminine woman, classy Christians, a real woman's woman. The kind that I can make laugh and what not, but also gets weak at the knees when I tell her she's beautiful in at least a dozen different ways before we get out of bed and she hasn't yet done anything with her hair or put on makeup. The kind that wants to go shopping with me so she can ask my opinion about every pair of clothes she tries on and knows to hold out a beautiful dress as her last pick, because she knows how much I love it when she wears a nice dress. We could share a dressing room so she doesn't have to worry about what anyone else might think or say about what she's trying on, but is confident and assured she looks fine, because she knows when I tell her she looks lovely, I absolutely mean it.

Yet at the same time she's willing to tease me or joke with while in the changing room with things like "maybe you should try it on too, I'm sure it'd go great with your eyes". Or just something playful. I don't know who wouldn't like to be with a funny girl if the rest of her attributes and interests were similar to his own. Laughing is good for the soul.

Anywho, God Bless and best wishes to you. ^-^

• Well if she was funny then she'd probably be very enjoyable to date so yeah of course I'd date a funny girl. Though she'd have to have more to her than being funny but if being funy was a main thing it'd be a positive in my eyes.

• Ah yeah, sense of humor is a requirement not to mention a huge turn on. If anyone can make me laugh, you win my heart.

• puffthemagicdragon? You must be one of them guys who gets all potted-up.

• I prefer the less extreme and more balanced type.

I don't want to worry about whether or not she can handle serious situations properly, or whether or not she'll understand when I'm being silly and facetious. Ideally, she has no problem adjusting to context.

Having a sense of humor is a plus, but as a selling point, I wouldn't buy it. She needs to have balance as well as other characteristics I look for.

• a girl who is funny is definitely an attractive trait. so yes I would definitely date a funny girl

• Preferably!

• By virtue of being Egyptian , joking around is part of my DNA. So I would love to have someone to Vibe with .

• Funny girls are great. I had a classmate who wasn't really my type, but she was so hilarious to be around (one of those people curses so funny) that I would've asked her out if she didn't have a boyfriend. No joke, just having her around made that one class so much more enjoyable.

• depends on the level of sense of humor the guy has I think.

a stick in the mud will be attracted to boring person

kinky might be attracted to pervert

sicko will be attracted to wacko.

I didn't say the realationship will always be healthy, but the attraction will be there

• yes absolutely, I think I'm funny or at least twisted sense on humor. So another funny girl makes for fun conversations. with my ex I just stared at my phone laughing looking like an idiot. reading texts back and forth...

• The ones that make you smile in the living room as well as the bed room... those are the ones you want to keep.

• How do you mean funny? Like, one who can make me laugh? I've never met one. Girls can make me smile and chuckle, but that's about it. I'd much prefer a girl who laughs at what I say then one who tries to make me laugh.

• I'll keep it short and sweet..."Laughter is the music of the soul".

• Of course nothin like someone that can always make you laugh :) Can you answer mine?

link

• Absolutely I would! But humor is all subjective. What some find funny others may not. Girls like this: link

are INCREDIBLY annoying and IMO not funny whatsoever.

• yes as long as you don't try to be one of the guys and I personally don't think making silly faces and random stuff like that are funny but that's just me pretty sure there's people out there that think otherwise.

• Yes, Yes, Yes, without humor what does one have? BOREDOM COMPLETE BOREDOM. Don't be worried about this if you are. If you're a tom girl a guy might be a little confused on how to treat you but when he gets it down things will all be sweet. intact I date a tom girl and she's fucking awesome, we play video games together and all that junk.

• Of course I would

• I love smiling and lol...if you can make me do that,then we re hooking up...

• Yes I would Especially if you are hot.

• So long as you don't destroy my anus, I think I could deal with it.

• Here read what I said here: link I think that about sums it up.

• Opposites don't really work like that... The funny man draws the short straw in that relationship. It's not what he wants, but he might compromise if she's offering other things he's looking for in a partner. A lot of times women depend on men to make their lives more interesting, exciting, entertaining, etc. because they are boring... Those same girls will dump a guy because he got boring and stopped entertaining her. Meanwhile she never was able to contribute an iota in that area of the

• relationship... Ideally playful people should be with each other.

• I would love her to have a sense of humor and have enthusiasm

• I can NOT date someone without some sense of humor. I like to joke around lots of times, and if she can't joke around too... well its not going to work very well.

• OF COURSE

• A girl with a sense of humor? Hell yes

• Yes

• Yes, yes I would.

• the line "too much of a bro"...scares me

• Sorry. I just assumed a guy would friendzone a girl who is really funny that's all

• Oh, they'll friendzone her alright. Unless you make very clean jokes and not too often either, guys will view you as too manly for them to date. They like delicate girls who don't have much going on up there.

• Yes! It's a deal breaker for me if she's not funny and never talks.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 5

• I am sure no one likes a women with a stick up their butt, well unless...

• i <3 funny guys

• Who wouldn't wanna be around someone who makes them laugh and is fun?

• My boyfriend is dating a funny girl. So there's guys out there that would date a funny girl. But at the same time, they are willing to overlook it.

• Does your boyfriend know you know he's dating another girl? :p

• Does your boyfriend know that you aren't straight? :p

• Yes, sense of humor is key.