He gives me his number and tells me to text him but he never texts first.

We're both in university. I have biology and chemistry with him. He have me his number to offer help with Biology. I usually don't text him unless he tells me to or if I have a question to ask. He told me he can help me and that I should text him. If he really wanted to talk to me, why can't he text me first? He's not shy at all and has had to and still continues to initiate conversation all the time. When we talk he flirts around, and usually tries to keep the conversation going. Someone else keeps texting him but he never responds to her

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know the other person texting him is a her? It could be a guy he's tutoring.

Anyways, it sounds like he's your tutor and only that. After all, he offered you help with Biology. Nothing more to it, that I can see. He might also like you, but I'm not sure if he's looking for a relationship with you.

• Because I am friends with her and she has complained to me about how he never responds to her. I wouldn't say he's only my tutor because I've hung out with him and he has kept on saying and asking if we're friends. When I ask him a question, we usually talk about other things after I understand. It usually starts off with me asking a question but then we also talk about other things afterwards.

• Maybe ask him to text you first once in a while? I don't know.

What Guys Said 1

• I've said this many times before, but there's a very big difference between someone 'liking' you and wanting to take things further (like a relationship).

Or he could just be busy or an introvert, if we make the simplest assumption. Try not to over think this.

• Could you maybe explain those big difference? I know he's always busy all the time and so am I but I mean if he really wanted to talk to me why does he want me to text first instead of just doing so himself? I don't want to be a bother

• Well, I can idly 'like' someone as they walk by me. All it means to me in that moment is that I appreciated something about them, whether it be they look pretty, they're working hard or doing something that looks cute, have a nice voice, etc.

When I choose to be in a relationship, all sorts of things have to be just right, otherwise my heart just won't be in it. A relationship is a big deal (for me, at least) and my goals tend to be long-term.

What Girls Said 1

• He just wants to be friends and isn't interested in getting to know you in a dating kind of way. I have a guy like that in mind and he seems to only talk to me in class yet he gave me his number but never initiates texts. He wants girls to come to him instead of the other way around.

• Yeah I think so. I don't want him to think I'm obsessed with him or anything.