Weird change in girlfriend's behavior?

So I'm a 24 year old guy who some time ago got his first ever girlfriend (23y). She's had experience before, I'm still a virgin after knowing her for some 5 months and being "official" for over half of that.

Anyway we started off for most of the time constantly messaging one another and talking all the time. She would respond very fast and always had a lot to say. However in the past 1-2 weeks this has turned around completely and she barely messages me back any more, takes tons of time to respond even though I can clearly see she's gotten the message and seems to make no effort of her own to say anything to me (which she did so much before).

Our daily "good morning" text routine has gone pretty much dead on her end.

It isn't that any of this stuff on its own is weird per se, but its weird because its the complete opposite of what she used to be for about 90% of the time we've known each other.

Can anyone make a guess as to what might cause a girl to do this?

Got a "we need to talk" text from her, not encouraging at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to say it, but it sounds like she may be losing interest. That being said, you've been dating a while so you shouldn't jump to that conclusion either.

Next time you're with her, ask her about it. Be casual, not accusing or clingy.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• If you haven't found out by now. I'd say she probably lost interest, and it might be over. You're out of the honeymoon phase of the relationship. Everything that was new and exciting in the beginning has become routine. Don't blame yourself, it's a perfectly normal stage in a relationship to see if it is going to last or not. You are probably just not seeing it as much because she is your first girlfriend.

• Few possibilities: 1) she's busy; 2) she's losing interest; 3) you might want to dig further or do something to keep things interesting.