After five dates, he still hasn't kissed me, what's wrong?

I'm a freshman in college dating a junior, we've been on five dates and have known each other for a few months. He's clearly interested and talks about our future several years down the line. He's on the nerdier side, but is outgoing and has dated girls before. He's great over all, but on our most recent date we went to dinner and then back to his house to watch a movie. I cuddled with him the entire time, and wasn't subtle about getting a little frisky with it. He on the other hand, mainly just held my hand and petted my head. At the end of the night I asked him to kiss me, and he said that he didn't want to yet, and he wanted to make sure I was worth it. What's going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• he's probably a bit shy. give it a little more time.

What Guys Said 2

• I was going to say he's shy and you should make it more obvious, but you asked for a kiss, it doesn't get any more obvious than that! I don't know what his problem is.

• He might be a virgin and want to know that its going to be real love.

Don't you remember when you was a virgin you didn't want to just give it to anyone. Right?

Of course not, you wanted someone who you thought would cherish it like you'd cherish it.

What Girls Said 1

• He's being a gentleman, and he sounds shy. Nothing is wrong, you just have to be patient and let him put his guard down on his own.