What type of guy should I date?

I'm 28 and I've never had a boyfriend before. What age range should he be in? How attractive should he be physically if I have a good face and an overweight body? How much money should he make in comparison to me? What type of personality should he have in comparison to mine? I don't want to aim too high that I can't get the guy but obviously I don't want to aim too low either.

Most Helpful Girl

• OK so here's the thing: yes it is good to have ideas of what you MIGHT like. but setting up all these strict limits of what a guy SHOULD be is unrealistic. The things you are concerned about in finding someone to date seem very superficial (age, attracitveness level, money). The only thing that matters is personality; if you see a guy taht you think is interesting, go talk to him, flirt with him and then leave the conversation before he does so you have a reason to make him ask for your number. Then play it cool, don't have sex with him until after he's committed, but do make him think you are sexy. If you're uncomfortable being overweight or with anything else about yourself, that will show through to him. I would say what you should be focusing on is loving yourself first and saying yeah I'm fuckin awesome any guy would love to be with me. That is when they will come :) and otherwise, find some hobbies and meet guys through things you enjoy, you'll automatically have something in common with them. Good luck! :)

• Of course, simply adding on to this really good answer; It's also important to let the guy you're wooing in some way know that you are interested in him, because he might think the sexy girl who just so happens to be looking at him, when he looks at her, couldn't possibly be single, much less looking at him. I can't say how many times I've been told a girl was checking me out... after it was too late. It's easy for those that know how to do it. Harder for those that don't.

What Guys Said 3

• Date who ever you find attractive to you that makes you happy and cares about you. Age is just a number unless they're a minor then it's illegal lol.

• stop going for good looking guys only , we exist too

• 28 and never had a boyfriend? are you serious? well if it makes you feel better, I'm 25 and never had a girlfriend, I'm serious

What Girls Said 2

• we are not the right persons for this because it is your preference and choice.

in terms of personality I look out for people who can complement me, whereas some like people who are similiar to them

• lets start with, what sort of guys are you attracted to?