I'm 20 and I'm not allowed to date?

i have a boyfriend that I really care about, he is a proper guy with a job and great plans for the future, he treats me like a princess and we are so happy together. We have been together for one year and 8 months now. I have already met his family and friends, and he have meet some of my closest friends too, but he haven't meet my family yet, something he really wants, but I am not comfortable with the though. my parents are very strict and don't except dating at all. There rules is that school comes before boys (something I respect, and he respect too - I work hard with school, get good grads, everything my parents want *I am a good girl*). My mom is very religious and would love me to get married if I am gonna date, my father is just strict and hate every guy that tries to get close. I don't know what to do and regret getting in to a relationship, because I can't come clean to my parents about him. I am 20 by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• i know how you feel I am 19 & my parents also won't let me date. maybe you could just invite him & another friend over & introuduce him "as a friend" but tell him beforehand that that is the plan. in that way he has met them but not as your boyfriend. I know that if you introduce him as your boyfriend that it might mean the end of you. my parents are also about school comes 1st blak blah blah & I too do well in school. so if you maybe have close cousins or sisters etc that are cool with you dating. at least let him meet them. in that way he has met some family & won't think that you are ashamed of him & just making up excuses. cos I know not all people understand how such parents can be. its scary to even think about introducing someone as your boyfriend to them. hope I helped :)

What Guys Said 2

• Now is the time to stage your rebellion :)

I said stage, not commence with. A few things need to be done first.

The first step is to finish school and get out from home. Then you will be telling them, not asking them, about your boyfriend.

• Which religion do you belong ? if you don't mind telling me.

• christianity

• Okay, my advise to you is - complete your study first and get a decent job.

You're an adult and like one of the answerer said , you can make your own decisions and nobody has a right to affect your life in a negative way.

So first of all complete your study.

What Girls Said 3

• well your an adult and you are perfectly capable of making your own choices in my opinion

your capable of choosing weather or not you want to follow their religion regardless of what anyone thinks or says

sneak out at night while everyone is sleeping and return before everyone wakes up

or you can go on your date regardless of what anyone says and get married to whom you want

when you feel the time is right

whatever you choose though make sure it makes you happy

its your life not anyone else's and life is too short to be unhappy

good luck

• That is a bit extreme

• you are 20, you can date. If your father can't accept that he's ridiculous