How can I prevent from getting hurt by men that like me one minute, and couldn't care the next? Please help.

I have this problem when a guy tells me he likes me and wants to be with me, I end up believing what he says and end up getting hurt in the end. My question is, why is it that some guys say such nice things, make it seem like they are interested and that you're their everything, then totally ignore you and drop you like a hot potato like nothing mattered? And how can I not fall for them so quickly so I don't end up getting hurt in the end? Thank you :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Never put all your eggs in one basket. Date (not sexually) multiple guys until you're in a relationship. Your dating life shouldn't only have one guy in it unless he is your boyfriend. If you're single then act like it and don't get hung up on one guy until he's proved that he really cares and is not a flake.

What Guys Said 2

• when they tell you they like you...dont jump right into it.

dont just immediately show interest.

Make a guy work to be with you...if he really likes you he won't give up so easily and if you see that he worked hard to be with you ...then you'll know you won't just get hurt right away because he's serious

• Yeah, my advice would be to hold back a little bit and not show your undoubted interest right away. When he proves that he's not a flake and starts to make you a priority, then he should become one for you. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• They say it for several reasons: To get into your pants, to try to get into your pants or because you are attracting the same kind of person you are. By this I mean you are probably more in love with the idea of a relationship than the actual person. Chances are you want to be wanted and loved. The problem? It takes time to work up to that. As nice as it is to have a relationship you have to slow down and give yourself time to get to know the guy to decide if you even like him. Think of it this way, if you were to get your favorite meal you wouldn't want to wolf it down because there would be no point. It wouldn't give you time to taste your food and indulge in it. Ideally you would want to eat slowly and savor every bite. Same goes with guys.

• I know how you feel. I used to fall for guys so quickly, as soon as they complimented me, that was it, I wasnt seen as a "challenge" anymore. But I've definitely learnt through a lot of experience that "treat them mean, keeps them keen" and you should try not to hand it out on a plate to them, make guys work to be with you, because trust me huni if there prepared to work for you, to be with you then there worth the wait! Hope this helps ya :)

• That helps thank you :-) How do you know when to have the guy stop working anymore where he would just give up and move on to the next girl? When is the right time?

• Well only you know the right time, when it feels right for you personally. But until you know he's only interested in you and respects you because you won't just drop your knickers for him straight away. You should never totally stop making him work, always hold something back, because if he knows everything, you've done everything, things might lose their spice! The guys that usually don't give up on you are definitely the keepers :)