Dating outside of my race?

My mom is mixed and my dad is black. My mom doesn't care who I date as long as they make me happy but my dad only wants me to date a black guy. Like my dad doesn't even like me going around my moms family. Well I'm not really attracted to black guys. There are a few who I like but I really like this guy who's Cuban but my dad says I can't date him cause he's not black. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• What is your dad's rationale? Maybe have a talk with him to understand why he feels the way he does. Tell him that you understand his position, and you don't want to disrespect him, but you have to decide for yourself what's right for you.

It sounds like he didn't get on with your mum's family so maybe he equates 'interracial' with cultural conflict or something.

For the record I don't believe skin color has any bearing whatsoever on compatibility :)

What Guys Said 6

• I'd ask your mom to have a talk with your dad, first of all, and see if she can talk some sense into him. If not, do what many have done before: hang out with the Cuban guy behind his back. You won't be alone.

• tell your dad to stop being racist its 2013

• Tell him your gonna date who you want.

• You should date who you want, it's your life.

• Laugh at your dad.

• You are mixed, so dating white guys is NOT dating outside YOUR race. So your question should really read, "dating outside of my DAD'S race?"

And once you write down what the actual question is, the answer becomes quite clear. "why should you give a tiny little rat's ass?"

Date whomever you want to date. It's YOUR life, after all!

What Girls Said 3

• I got a interracial boyfriend. He loves me very much, have a good time every day now

Between blacks and whites, there should be no racial discrimination,As articles photos, black and white looks very match together, very harmonious.Let's talk about another topic, Love sees no color.racial marriage.Has become a trend.More and more people feel the racial love journey,True love is regardless of color, regardless of their race.So love me love my color,.If you don't mind, I'd like to recommend you an a serious of interesting dating places.Search Google or Bing by Mixedspark.com where its the largest and best club for seeking interracial singles, black athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, They want to find a serious dating relationship,find a good reliable lover for a long lasting relationship with love. no racial discrimination,just try dating the site member of single to see if it worth your time. Best wishes. You lovely Cupid!

• your mum is mixed race, it puzzled me why your dad is so against you dating other guys who are non black.

You date who you like, I won't listen to my parents if they reject a guy based on race.

• but your mom is mix... I don't understand your dads logic. He better calm his boobs, and let yu date whoever you wish