If your in college is it hard for you to date guys who aren't in college?

I really like this guy. He is very nice and has been treating me well lately. It's hard when I work so hard in school and he's not in school. Its frustrating when he's drinking on a Tuesday, and I'm busy writing a paper. We are coworkers and I have fun with him. I don't consider myself shallow, but it's hard to get past having different goals.

Most Helpful Guy

• i dropped out. I'm really into intellectual pursuits, and I'm well-read for my own sake, but I just don't perform well on an academic level. plus, I was miserable and depressed there; had no sense of belonging. now I work and I think I'm finally learning to be happy.

my fear though is that girls might automatically see me as incompatible.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm in school myself and working full time also. I find girls who already have degrees don't want to be with a guy who is still in school. I do believe that it is better to date someone that is in school also and you can keep each other motivated to do well in your studies. It can work out though if the other person is understanding and will support your goals.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm in a very similar situation. I think you need to sit back and evaluate the relationship. How important it is to you or if it's holding you back at all. A lot depends on if you support each other.

• No, it would be easier.