Would you date and pay for the date if a guy is poor and you liked him allot?

I'm just wondering in a poll would you. I have nothing and I'm not wanting to date until I'm well off. So I'm wondering if I should just tell them I'm poor until I find a good job instead so I can date.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • Never

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be against it, but I feel it would be weird in a first date especially...

Like I pay for my boyfriend a lot, but if you're going out with someone the very first time and you as the gentlemen ask her to pay for it, it's not a matter of whether I'd do it, but it's just kind of weird.

What I suggest, maybe take girls out on a different, cheap and free date(: like instead of an expensive dinner and movie, how about a picnic and a walk on the beach? Or just get coffee together, which shouldn't cost you more than like $10 haha.

What Girls Said 6

• As long as the guy is trying to do something with his life and working towards changing his financial status, I wouldn't mind it.

But I'd really have to like him!

Then again...I'd really have to like any one in order to go on a date with them.

Now if he were a guy with no motives, no drive, no ambition, then I'd have to say no.

• I said maybe only because I'm poor too. If I were rich I'd have no problem paying but I'm not so...

• Thanks for being honest ;D

• DUH! if I liked him a lot. yes. absolutely. but I can tell you we'd being doing lots of cheap and/or free stuff hahaha. I'm not very rich myself. don't get me wrong, id love to date a millionaire. but that's unrealistic. id rather be in love. that's a little less far fetched.

• I would regardless.

Also, dating doesn't have to be expensive.

• Tbh maybe...

I don't know if he was really dedicated to getting a career I might consider. In my opinion I think people should not date unless they are financially able to.

• Most likely not. MOST of the time the man ask out the woman first, you can't invite someone somewhere and expect them to pay. But if I asked HIM out, I would most likely pay.

• This is true.

If you're giving an invite...it's expected that you pay.

Why not just ask a girl to hang out with you by your place? Some people are pretty simple.

You literally have to take them no where. They just want the company.

What Guys Said 1

• No. Most women are like republicans. They hate the poor.