Why are minority women encouraged to date interracial but white women and aren't?

I came across a few articles on why Black, Asian etc, women should date outside their race but none for white women. I wonder why?I don't have a problem with interracial dating It's just kinda strange why would one would encourage interracial dating but leave white women out. I think its funny. What is this overprotective paranoia that society has for white women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are seen as the most desirable women in the world.The media has a big role on this.Anyway,its not as how it suppose to be.White men been portraying how beautiful their women is since a long time ago and society has been brainwashed badly about it.

Now,since they are the best,they aren't encouraged to date interracial because other men will be seen as not good enough for them.No matter how rich,attractive or successful the man is.People won't give a weird look if a white guy holding hands with an Asian/Latina girl but I'm sure that people will stare if a white woman holding hands with an Asian guy.One question that will pop up in their head is "how can she wants him?"

I am just saying what people think.Don't get me wrong here.

What Girls Said 8

• As unfair as it is seems a majority of non white males put the white woman on a pedestal which makes the chance to date one a real plus for them.

• I am very attracted to Asian guys... for some reason my brain just doesn't see that they are different from me! I am dating a guy who is 100% Chinese, but I do not feel like I am in an interracial relationship. I don't know what that means lol. I do think that its more "accepted" in society for a white woman to be with an Asian man than an African American man.

• Seriously, why are there so many posts like this...(hope this isn't one of the multiple accounts created, sorry no offense if you are genuine in your post)

Ididnt hear anything that white women are discouraged from doing so, we are allowed to date whoe er we want. Preference is preference and not fetish

• Yes white women are encouraged not to date interracial. They are encouraged by family, and society not to date and/or marry outside of their race especially a black guy.

• Whether pple are encouraged to or discouraged, if their hearts are set on doing then they should follow what they truly want. I think those who discouraged felt that their race is superior which sound weird to me because I don't see any race better than others. Sure I have my preference but who knows one day when a nice guy from other race approach me I might agree to be with him. Thereare always ignorant people or bigots who like to paint others with the same brush.

• They are the most desired for most/some men and at held upon a pedestal in society ... I mean come on what problems would they really have let's be honest here -_-.

• Really? A lot of white girls date black guys.

• Yes a lot date black guys but they aren't encouraged to date interracially

• I think it's just that they're racist (like a white woman's dad who refuses to let black men into his house).

• White women are the most desired of ALL races. They're put on a pedestal and LITERALLY the standard when it comes to beauty. Most men would chose an attractive white woman over an equally attractive black woman or another ethnic minority. They have men from all races flocking to them, they don't need to put it in any work to date interracially.

• White men don't have to put in any effort either yet they are encouraged to date interracial.

• Men in general automatically have to put in effort because men are usually the ones who pursue. Most women won't approach a guy because they're used to guys approaching them.

• Because men of all races idolize white women and put down women of their own racist (especially black men.) White women are already being pursued by every race so they don't need to make the effort.

• White men are pursuing other races of women too. White men actually date interracial more than any other race of guys but they are being encouraged to date interracial Black men and other minority men aren't being encouraged even though they are pursuing white women .

• @QA Where exactly are you getting these statistics?

• What stats? White men Asian women make up the majority of interracial relationships according to studies. Google or Yahoo it.

What Guys Said 0