Why do guys text lol a lot?

ok my boyfriend is really annoying and I have noticed this with other guys too they will say lol even when there is nothing funny being said its so annoying. don't tell me it is a filler Because my boyfriend texts me long paragraphs and he says lol like 5 times. why do guys do this, are they retarded? for examplehim: I'm eating a chilidog. it is so good loli don't understand. help me understand

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well its good to see you calling your boyfriend and all guys retarded, but beyond that, it's because you can't put emotion through text. If he just said I'm eating a chilidog. It is so good. It sounds bland and you'll be like why the fuck are you telling me about the chilidog. If he says the same thing and adds lol it makes it sound like he's saying that with a smile and hence trying to be friendly as opposed to sharing a boring fact.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• maybe it's because what he's saying is a boring internal thought and people over communicate because of texting... So add lol makes it so that what he's saying may be worthy of a smirk... I honestly wish guys liked talking on the phone more than texting.. you can almost feel the persons presence when you talk, and feel a bit like your blindly with each other... texting is worse then back in the day AIM or AOL chat.. it's turning life into a bunch of words with lol, caps and smiley faces to show enthusiasm... why can't it just be used for directions or when your at work and can't talk but are setting a time to... gerr freaking texting

• I've been saying this for years about chicks.I don't get it either.

• The song is called "call me maybe" not text me maybe.. Women love talking & I think texting is great for communicating with friends(espesh if your making fun of the bitchy colleague at work with another work friend EX: OMG can we pay someone to sleep with her so she can be in a better mood for once) but I think its bad for a relationships & dating.. I mean guys don't you feel a little bit silly having to sent a girl winky faces instead of just using a softer & more affectionate tone of voice?