How crucial is it that he texts first?

The guy I like rarely texts me first and, when he does, it is about something important like directions or a question about school. The thing is, when I text him, we talk for a good length of time and his replies are always thoughtful. He never just replies with oh, yeah, or anything like that. He always seems invested. We are pretty good friends and hang out in a group at school. I think he might like me but this bothers me. I know a lot of "Does he like me?" articles and the like online say a guy will try to contact you all the time if he likes you. Should I take this seriously?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't really play the "does he like me " game with yourself over his texting .. or lack of texting because you really can't tell much from that . that can go either way really.. he could not be texing much do to he isn't trying to get with you like that OR he might just like it better and feel more comfortable when you text him first !... see how that can go either way .. that's not a good clue to see if he likes you or not. BUT since he is a cool friend and he does text you back and talk to you then texting is a good way to talk to him where he feels more comfortable . he probably is not going to come on to you or talk to you like that at school because you guys are around friends . so texting is a good way for you and him to talk just the two of you BUT if you really like him you need to try to hang out with him WITHOUT your friends or his friends around.. if your to afraid to come out and ask him if he likes you then text him and ask if he wants to come over and hang out with you the more you can get alone with him without your friends around if he does like you then you will see that clearly .. spend some time with him and don't just rely on texting OK .. if you can't do that then your going to have to just text him and ask him if he likes you or not .. but I would try to hang out alone a few times first

What Guys Said 1

• I hate texting and I hate talking on the phone even more.

My friends usually try to initiate something to do with me; well ...my friends that consist of only two guys. But I'm an introvert and I am very much guessing that he is too.

Heck, that he even sometimes contacts you first is a pretty good sign. But even if I were to like a girl in my school I wouldn't want to be the one to contact her all the time ...just like I absolutely hate I have to initiate conversation with girls all the time, which is why I just don't bother

What Girls Said 1

• I think that whenever he texts you first, he just wants to start a conversation with you. I mean if his question is about school or something, he could always ask any other person, but he decided to ask you. Maybe he just doesn't know how else to start a conversation and he feels like he's annoying you or something.