Is it stupid to care about text response speed?

I like a guy who ALWAYS responds immediately to my texts, which stupidly makes me think that he cares.

No, we are not dating.

I remember once when I didn't respond to his late night text about something trivial. I didn't get it until the next morning, and he joked about how I should always respond to texts from him, even if it's the next day. That's when I first realized that texting kinda mattered to him. It never mattered much to me, maybe because I'm older, but it's starting to.

He actually used to not always respond to my texts. Some were completely ignored. I never brought it up to him, but there were times when it hurt my feelings.

Now, day or night, he always responds. He even responds to say he can't really respond, and never responds with dismissive quick texts like "k" or one word answers. He even texted me once to say that my late text woke him up. I didn't think he would even answer. I just sent it while it was on my mind, and expected to get a response maybe the next day.

Is it weird to associate texting with actually caring? I know I'm probably looking for any little sign that he likes me (at least a little) too. Is that crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is stupid. Some people respond quickly to every message from everyone. Others take their sweet time. I usually ignore nonurgent messages and then respond every hour or two to all messages.

• funny thing is I do too, with everyone else. I think it only became a big deal when he lawfully confronted me about it. guess it is pretty stupid.

• i meant playfully, not lawfully. lol!

• Good; for a moment I thought he sued you for slow response...

What Guys Said 3

• I leave my phone and my bed and walk away from it... a lot. So uhm, I'm not the greatest at texting back quickly.

• i'm not either, no one I know is, that's why his always responding immediately stands out to me.

• Yes it is crazy

• I always text right away unless I'm hanging off a roof or something. First it's respectful Second I want the same in return. I absolutely hate a five hour conversation that needs one answer !

I had some a friend give me hell for texting this chic right away and he was trying to give me advice on how to make them wait , it will drive them crazy and make them want you more.

And I thought about it for a bit and looked at his lonely existence of a life and said now something about getting laid I like so you go ahead and keep them waiting. He still hasn't had any! lol

and I'm a whore,lol

What Girls Said 3

• If it's something pretty important that has a time limit. Yes I care. If it's just random convo I don't really care.

• I don't really car about text speed and how long it takes to send a message but I texted a friend just the other day and he just got my text today so it took 48 hrs for him to get my text, now that's too long a wait!

• Yeah that's a little crazy