What to wear on a first date?

I am 5'1 and I am going on a blind date who is 6 feet. We are probably going to dinner, what would be a cute/nice outfit to wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I would wear heels like at least 3 inch heels, so I don't feel like a smurf... I'm not judging or trying to be rude... I'm 5"1 too.

I would wear a wintery knitted dress that's cream and had long sleeves and a little below the knee and some colored tights maybe a wine or green color.

I would wear a trench coat over that and some cream mittens.

You should curl your hair too, if you have long hair!

I hope this inspires you!

What Guys Said 5

• I think you should wear something that makes you look good, but don't look slutty. There's a lot of ways that women can dress that look professional and very attractive at the same time. I don't really know much about fashion, or women's clothes, so I guess I cannot give you any specific suggestions. (sorry!)

Also, don't worry about the height difference. I'm a 6' 0" male, and like it when a women is shorter than me. 5' 1" isn't too short, so it's really no big deal.

• I'd go modest for any blind date; you're not sure what sort of guy you are dealing with. Maybe leggings and a skirt..not too short!

• Well, heels are probably a good move no matter what you choose to wear.

You can't go wrong with a mid-length A line dress.

• 0|0
  • nothing

What Girls Said 4

• Wear something business casual, that is more on the feminine side. Be careful that whatever you choose it is not too revealing like a very low cut tank-top, or similar apparel that would be more appropriate for a club.

Make sure that you feel comfortable in it and all should be well! :)

• Business casual for a first date? That seems a bit much.

• Well I mean probably shouldn't wear jeans or a sweat-shirt. You're going for dinner, so it really depends what kind of restaurant. A safe bet would be skinnies and a classy tank or cardigan maybe, + heels.

• link

link

link

You won't give off the wrong vibe, plus.. Depending on where you are.. Those outfits would be cute, while keeping you warm.

• Definitely wear heels that you can walk in. If it's cold outside wear a long sleeve dress with a really low back. That's what I would wear but then again I don't know how fancy the restaurant is or if you're comfortable wearing that. I hate skirts but if you have one wear a bandage skirt with a flowy top and heels.

• 6 inch heels!