Would you date a Latina who acted Black?

Would you date a Latina who displayed stereotypical black mannerisms? For example, would you date Jennifer Lopez back during her lame "fly girl" stage on the show In Living Color vs the Jennifer Lopez today? I am curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not. I like Latinas that just try to be themselves

What Guys Said 4

• I wouldn't date Fly Girl J-Lo because of her short hair. She could absolutely get it now, I don't care what she acts like. She was probably a lot less of a bitch back then , haha.

"Don't front on me, Jenny, we go back, like In Living Color days. I remember before all the 'J-Lo...I remember when it was just 'Hey, ho.' "

-Jaime Foxx

• But you wouldn't date a black woman. That's where the contradiction and the hypocrisy comes in.

• My favorite part is when you said I wouldn't date a black girl. I've actually dated them in the double-digits, they were the only girls around when I was a kid. And in most cases, black girls were the ones who didn't want me. I dated a girl with an afro at one point too, they weren't all Beyonce crossover types. And you mentioned Halle Berry...i hated her short hair, like I initially said about J-Lo. Love her with long hair. Just relax, the world isn't out to get you, its all in your head.

• But you know what? Let's start over.

"Would you date a Latina who acted Black?"

A: Yes, although I disagree with the concept of race dictating behavior.

There you go. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on that.

• Black as in ghetto? No.

• What do black people act like?

• No

What Girls Said 7

• J.lo is puertorican,

Puertoricans are technically black because of their ancestry.

• So the world and that user "WhiteSteve" views Jennifer Lopez as a black woman? lol. Thanks for the laugh. Have you ever tried calling a Puerto Rican Black btw? Latinos are not black. And just like everyone else, they want to be black but don't really want to be black.

• Puerto Rican is a nationality, not a race. The fact is, many Puerto Ricans are comprised of multiple races( some more than others) such as Indian, European(Spaniards from Spain), and Negroid(Blacks) which explains the contrast in skin tone, eye color, and hair texture within the Puerto Rican Community. Nonetheless, there are Black Puerto Ricans that migrated from Africa and other countries, but that's the minority.

• Exactly.

Glad someone can shed some light to this.

I hate when people link puertoricans into heir own racial group, when in reality they are multiple races. Some even being fully black (anyone can be puertorican ).

• No because I am not into women. I would date a guy who fit this description if he was cute and we got along.

• Excuse me what is categorized as typical black mannerisms, I'm curious? I know and met plenty of Puerto Ricans/Boricuas and how people act is how they act due to environment or not. And they're black anyway if you look at the history whether people ignore it or not.

• I would date Jennifer Lopez if she acted like a turtle, at 19 I'm right around her age group too.

• I never saw her as acting Black but is there something wrong with being Black? I'm confused.

• Black is beautiful...what are you talking about. You missed the point. I notice certain stigmas aren't attached to certain groups of women. They can get away with certain things. That was the point.

• That's not true. I was on instagram the other day and a guy wanted to know if Puerto Rican girls it Dominican girls were easier, and do you know the comments were so disgusting. They were saying that some of these girls will sleep with a guy for liquor, money, just to smoke, etc.

• Please be yourself.

• Jennifer is jennifer, not Latina, ghetto, whatever.