Is this a myth in the dating world?

Is there any validity to the idea that you want someone more when they aren't interested in you?

Most Helpful Girl

• no. somone isn't into me, t only lose interest naturally, but its too absurd to try to be with someone who only likes you if they think you don't want them. at what point would you ever actually be in a relationship- never.

playing hard to get wrks if you want to keep playing or want sex. because oncr you get the person who enjoys you running form then, theyll lose interest unless yo start running again. pathetic waste of time.

anyhow I think heathy people lose interest in a person who couldn't car less. pat of what attracts us to others is an understanding a connection. without that its quite dull and unappealing.

uless you enjoy chasing people or being cased just for the sake of it. but that's not about wanting someone, its about wanting to 'want, and to perpetuate the feeling of want. lust. it makes you feel alive. its got nothing to do with actually wanting to be with someone.

like a dog chasing butterflies. they don't care much about it once they have it. but its exhilerating to try to getit. the btterfly itsef. its essence, holds little value to them.

if yo already care for someone you may worry more about losing them if they become distant. but there distanceisnt making you want thm, its just making you feel insecure about already having them. unless you're particularly healthy and can rise above their gams.

What Guys Said 7

• Some people who are addictive want EVERYONE to like them, and get upset if they can';t get every single person they meet to find them attractive.

But most of us, we aren't so insecure. If someone isn't into us, we poitely wish them Merry Christmas and go talk to someone warmer! We do't give the cold person another thought!

• It seems that way but in reality, all the good ones are taken.

• yes as true as gravity

• We want what we can't have. Maybe not true for everyone but for some certainly.

• is more true than reality

• Why would I be interested in a woman who doesn't want me? If she doesn't want me, I sure as bell don't want her either.

• It's a huge myth that has an explanation that is sadly misinterpreted to be this.

The more you want someone, the more you miss (or ignore) any signs that might be bad for you. The feeling of them not being interested inspires a sense of desperation where you fight that much harder to make (read: force) things to happen.

I don't know how people miss this inside themselves, but it unfortunately happens. I suppose people don't ever do the old fashioned soul searching or use self-awareness for improvement :\

What Girls Said 8

• Oh totally! People want what they can't have it's a fact of life. Just think about it when a guys obsessed with you and you just blow it off like whatever he's my friend I can't think of him that way and then he finds someone else and stops caring about you and you pull a complete 180 and think why didn't I take my chance,

• Nope.

• It might be true for some but not for me.

• not for me lol.. interested or not if I like him then I do really like him. thank goodness I rarely like someone romantically. :D

• I think this is true...we usually always want what we can't have

• Yeah definitely. That's why some many people play hard to get

• Seems that way sometimes.

• That's not just true in the dating world but true for life in general