As a teen in highschool, if I hang out with a girl, should I knock on her door or text her that I'm there?

Questions above... I don't know I guess I don't really think that it's really that chill to knock on a girls door and talk to her parents... but I don't really know what girls my age prefer (senior in highschool)

Especially if they're stoners/party

And I mean if I take her on a date or something ofc (or even if maybe it's not clear its a date but I plan on making a move?)

Most Helpful Girl

• Text her before you leave to let her know you're on your way and approximately how long you'll be (e.g. "Hey, I'm heading over. I'll be there in about 15 minutes"). If she doesn't want you to meet her parents just yet, she'll likely be at the door waiting, either to be the one to answer when you knock, or to just come out when she sees you arrive.

But unless she comes out on her own when you arrive, you should go up to the door and knock. Texting from your car or whatever just seems lame and lazy. Also, if it wasn't made clear that it was a date, it would confirm in my head that it was NOT a date if the guy just texted me when he arrived.

What Girls Said 4

• Knock. It's classy.

• I think a text message is better but if she doesn't answer the door after 3-4 minutes, ring the door bell / knock on the door.

• Well text her that your coming over and give her a time frame... Then show up at her house and text her to open the door... Don't knock... Then hang out!

Well if you have a car you should drive there and knock on the door... Suck it up and meet her parents... Then go on your date...

• knock on her door

What Guys Said 1

• Be a gentlemen and knock on her door and pick her up, and possible bring her a flower, maybe that might be too much, but old fashioned dating and mannerisms need to make a come back.

• Haha thanks but I'm not trying to re-revolutionize dating