Modeling agency looking on dating sites?

Would it be legit if someone contacted you and just gave you a phone number to text? They just said "i have a modeling assignment for you. Please text ___"

It's a dude from Indiana.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope its a scam. He might be a dirty perv. Just be careful ok.

• its not that easy to find agent and in most cases they never find you ..for example I submitted to so many legit agents and never got reply besides one rejection.

• I know. Its pretty hard.There's too many pretty people.

What Guys Said 7

• Sounds like a scam. Just ignore it. Guys get hit with a lot of scams in online dating too. Plus be careful with texting. The guy could be overseas for all you know and your texting may get hit with hardcore charges.

In this case I wouldn't be surprised if he was just a perv trying to get nudes from ya.

• why would a legit agent already have job for her hire when hasn't seen signed yet? that is what I think its a scam.

• NEVER answer such requests / assignments - you may lose one odd genuine inquiries but worth not getting into a lot of trouble :)

• Could be, feel free to call, don't give out credit card information, or let them whirl you around on some bullshit. If he or anyone wants to meet, it'll be at a cafe in a public place, no where else.

• Also if it an agency you'd be meeting at the agency. I wouldn't recommend meeting them they could follow you home or something weird!

• it sounds shady to me speaking from experience agent never find you ,you atual take time to make those connections, likely that is scam for sure .

• I'd be skeptical at first! Tread lightly

• its rare that they would search dating sites for talent because that would be a waste of time searching threw thousand however join models dot come that website is were agency actual look for models.

• Take it with a grain of salt. Text him but always be careful. Don't do anything you wouldn't want to

• google the area code.

If it's entirely outside your region, ignore it completly.

What Girls Said 5

• I personally wouldn't trust it... but if you do contact him make sure to meet in a busy public place and be cautious of what you share with him. Don't give him too much personal info or money until you find out more about him.

Research the place he claims to be with and do your homework of what should and should not happen when dealing with an agency.

Also I recommend if you meet him have someone with you. They don't have to be right next to you, but you know just in sight of you.

• no... no... just noo... don't text. I watched this documentary of women traficking and some women signed up for something like that and gave her adress and stuff and next thing you know she's a victim to woman traficking. I'm not saying that this can be the case, but it's pretty obvious that the texter is lying, and if you do decide to meet him, something horrible might happen. ignore the creep.

• its not legit. at all. they probably mean p*rn. they wanna put you on the casting couch lol

• sounds likd a scam. "dude"?

• If it was any kind of legit modeling agency it probably wouldn't be located in Indiana. (Trust me, I live here lol) Did he give you the name of this modeling agency so you can Google it and see if it's real and if he really works there?

• haha nope. Probably just wanted me to text the #