My mom got his number for me?

So last night, I was in a store with my parents. The cashier was obviously flirting with me: staring, mouthing the words to songs along with me, and he even tripped once because he was paying more attention to me than his surroundings. But I did nothing, and we left.

Upon leaving, my mom was really confused because I hadn't asked for his number, and I explained it was because it felt awkward with my parents there. So, my mother went back in there and told him that I wanted his phone number, and she got it for me. (I'm not embarrassed by her at all, this part isn't the point.)

He supplied his name to be friends on Facebook, which I have already done. Now I'm worrying about when I should text him. I have an amazing conversation opener (thanks to my mom) but I don't want to text him right away and seem desperate, so I was wondering how long I should wait. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• The sooner the better, while you're still fresh in each others' memories.

What Guys Said 2

• Text him soon, whilst its still fresh in his mind.

• It doesn't matter when. If you like him, show him.

• Also, you really should have gotten it from him yourself. Maybe not then since it would have been embarrassing but maybe another time, when you went alone or whatever. I'm more likely to like a girl if she gets the my number from me directly, not another person

What Girls Said 2

• Text him 2 days later and say,

"Hi this Is _____"

"How are you today?"

Talk to him normally and don't over think it.

• How about you text him today? It's just last night, as long as you didn't text him a goodnight text then, it's fine whenever you want to text him. I wouldn't wait more than two days though. I'd say: text him today :)