How to get my ex back or move on?

After 2.5 years me and my ex split. Long story short... We were buying a house, it was a serious relationship and we did /do love each other. I will openly admit I've been very very stressed, external factors, job, business money, stressed relationship with my parents. I would say its 80% my stress and 20% him keeping his cards very close to his heart. He is a couple of years younger, I'm 31. The guy was bending backwards for me trying to make sure I was secure... And you know when you say something and it breaks the camels back... Well yeah I did... I promise I didn't mean it and its been the worse month for a long time...

We never actually sat down face to face to discuss it... And now his job has taken him into a different town.. I've told him I want space so I can sort myself out etc... He is doing the man thing of getting drunk with his pals, he keeps posting things on fb and changing his profile pictures every few days. I've tried to keep myself dignified, during the actual break up it was very emotional. I did send a letter to him that was objective, but he basically dumped me again by txt, after saying it was lovely and open... But I wish you all the best.

I've emotionally not responded to him and now he keeps texting me... I've ignored a few and then he finds excuses to message me... With something. He knows that I can't do the friend thing and I am making obvious attempts to change my situation just for myself... But again he keeps texting me. I've tried the no contact rule...but then he gets a little bit impatient on some of the txt's and sends a sarcastic txt back "ok thanks" that was a recent response about something he left at mine (doesn't have the balls to pick it up"

I've only posted positive things about me on fb, I've not contacted him but I'm really confused on what to do... What is this texting about and also the guy is military so his emotions are probably more surpressing than the average joe's

So what is going through his head as a man and how can I play this cool

Thank you for all your responses... I wanted to chat but actually I'm glad that hasn't happened as I was far too emotional for that talk. He kept avoiding the conversation and never set a date. Well I've got some job interviews Eric lined up for after Christmas. He is liking things on my fb and I'm only posting positive things. He still has a key to my house which he keeps saying he will send but hasn't. We have only broken up 3 weeks ago so still very raw...

He has texted me wishing to have a good Christmas with my family and when I had posted I had an interview on fb he sent me a txt saying congrats. I said thanks but didn't reply to the txt about Christmas. His family have also been liking things and I'm seeing his sister soon. They are all prett upset for us and have sent me some lovely messages. I agree we do need to chat but like I say he is not experienced with a serious long term relationship. You can't be friends straight after a breakup

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not understanding if you love him and want him back.. or want to 'dump him' for good ?

• I love him and want to get back together. I know why we split an I'm making changes in my life for me. Eg- getting a job and leaving my business. The big problem is I have been stressed and moody with not having money and taken it on him.

• And just a curiosity. He's doing so many things similar to what my boyfriend did. Going out with the guys and getting drunk like I already said, but even the Facebook part = same. Sending a text after breaking up = same. Dumping me too. Same speach. Same wishes. Then finds excuses to send texts. This guy is mad at you. You really need to talk to him soon like I said. Be aware that dragging this might make you loose him for good..

• Thank you for all your responses... I wanted to chat but actually I'm glad that hasn't happened as I was far too emotional for that talk. He kept avoiding the conversation and never set a date. Well I've got some job interviews Eric lined up for after Christmas. He is liking things on my fb and I'm only posting positive things. He still has a key to my house which he keeps saying he will send but hasn't. We have only broken up 3 weeks ago so still very raw...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0