Why is this girl reading me these texts?

So this guy has been hitting on her, trying to get laid. I'm friends with him. We're not close friends but he's likable and we get along. She keeps reading me these text messages between them where she's turning him down out loud. At first she was nice about it but the poor dude didn't take the hint. Tonight she even sent me a screenshot of her turning him down on Facebook. This latest one was pretty brutal. She seems kind of into me and I'm kind of into her too, but if her reading me these text messages are her way of trying to show me she's into me and not him then that's pretty stupid. How does she expect me to make a move when she's showing me how cruel she's being to this guy who did exactly that?

Most Helpful Girl

• She wants you to be jealous becaus she likes you

What Girls Said 2

• honestly I think maybe she's trying to get your help, if this guy likes her and your friends with him...connections. also she might be trying to get you jealous and she doesn't realize she's discouraging you lol

• TO get you jealous

What Guys Said 1

• She likes the attention he is giving her.