Have you ever or in the process of taking a break from dating?

So have you ever took a break from dating, like being completely single and if so for how long? I'm thinking about dong that, like I don't want any guys number, I want to start of fresh with my dating life lol

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend just broke up with me. I decided when I started looking for a relationship this past time that if this next one didn't work out, I would take a break until I knew if I would be moving for my graduate program in August. I don't have any interest in dating casually- I'm dating to find a life partner, so it makes no sense to start something that I'd either have to end or try and take long distance super early into it. Honestly I think I'll need quite some time to heal anyway, so twice the reason. Basically, if you want to take a break, I think that's a perfectly fine thing to do. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There will be someone special on the other side, whenever that is!

What Guys Said 2

• Well I guess you could say I've been on a break from dating whether I want to or not (which I don't)... that's a good excuse as to why I'm not dating at the moment!

• Um I am currently in the process of doing that right now. I am so done with dating and all the games that I have zero desire to date at the moment. I have felt like this for at least 10 months now.

What Girls Said 5

• I've been taking a break for maybe, I don't know, MY WHOLE LIFE , and I'm 16 :(

• Trust me it's better like that! I didn't have my first boyfriend till I was 17, and I wish I never dated lol

• Trust me dating is a massive hassle.

• I've been taking a break for 10 years..

• Yes, I have taken a break from dating. Sometimes you have to focus on other things.

• I've been on a 2 year break so far, haha! Over 2 years actually.

I just had a string of really bad dating experiences and haven't had the desire to get back out there yet. Dating makes me miserable anyway. Relationships don't, but that early dating does. I hate that stuff, haha!

• Wow I thought I was on a long break at 10 months. You got me beat :)

• That is a really long time. I'm sure it has got to be hard at times not to have a person you can lean on. It's their loss.

• It is what it is...

Thanks though :-)

• no. I hate being alone so I'll go from guy to guy