Who else hates texting?

personally I hate it. phone calls are so much more personall, as you can express what you're actually feeling, you can't express yourself in a text, text doesn't have a tones or pitches like a voice, things are often misinterpreted through texting. text doesn't have a caring tone about it so it can seem like you just plain don't care about the convo. yet I see people all the time, eye balls glued to their phones like zombies, sickening. also see people texting and driving ALL THE TIME and it boils my blood, its worse than drunk driving and makes me wish I had become an officer and pull these fucking dumbasses over and hand out tickets. can't become a police officer until 2015 but that's a whole other story

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree...I really don't like texting unless it's for a practical purpose, like asking someone where they are, or confirming something, asking a quick question. I hate having conversations over text because it makes me more dependant on texting and I'd much prefer to talk to the person face-to-face to see facial expressions and body language. In most cases texting actually overcomplicates things for me rather than simplifying them.

And I had a friend who would text allll the time while we were having a conversation! Incredibly rude. I like to know I'm actually being heard when I'm speaking.

What Girls Said 6

• First of all...

If you really know each other... texting is misunderstood as often, or even less, then speaking...

They hear you talking.. they know how you are saying it and how you mean it...

I think I communicate better via txt...

• i don't know how you can possibly think that text can be easily interpreted and more easily undertood than the sound of some ones voice but hey if it makes sense to you, then that's all that matters

• You would at first.. but you'd change... I might be the only person you text.. but you'd text...

• lets just both agree to disagree :P iam a very stubborn man

• I prefer texting. When I text someone it isn't for a whole conversation it's just "dude, wanna go to the mall?" and it just requires a few back and forth texts. Texts can be responded to whenevr but calls you can't be doing anything important. If I want to have an actual conversation I'll call someone, but most of the time I'm bored and I just want to have a short chat with a friend. I can convey exactly what I want over text because I'm good with words. I don't ever text while driving either.

• i hate pushing so many buttons when I can just press a few numbers when dialing, but hey you probably have lightning fast thumbs

• Yeah, even when I didn't have a full keyboard I typed pretty fast. No one ever picks up when I call them anyways, other than my grandpa, so texting is really the only way to go :p

• Yes, I also hate it! It just doesn't work for me and it's annoying that so MANY guys prefer text over calling. I don't like it. I miss talking to people LOL

• I won't text unless I absolutely have to would much rather make a phone call.

• im the opposite lol, I prefer texting people because I can get back to them whenever I like and I don't have to interupt something for a conversation and have people waiting on me till I finish

i don't text all the time though or have my eyes glued to my phone, I probably check once every few hours for messages, it really annoys me when people hang out with you and are glued to their phones or are having a meal and texting through it :l I don't know how people can be so rude

• you often have people waiting for you to finish conversations on the phone?

• no, I mean it would prevent that type of situation arising

• Yeah I like calling people.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't hate texting. But I would still rather talk. It is more personal because we get to hear each others voices and tones. Plus, it's faster than typing and reading. And safer since you don't have to look at the keyboard or the screen when you're talking on the phone.

• for me its about convienance, I just can't stand texting, trying to text with my big thumbs, miscommunications that follow. rather call, hear the persons voice, more in depth than staring at a screen. I think people have lost the ability to communicate over the phone

• I agree. I think for short messages, it is OK (e.g., to tell someone if I am running a couple minutes late), but I don't like when someone tries to complete a whole conversation by texting instead of just calling. It seems like every time I see someone driving incompetently (e.g., swerving between lanes, driving way below the limit, almost causing an accident, etc) and pull alongside them, they are texting.

• phone calls are still much easier than any texting lol iam starting to sound like a broken record

• I used to be really bad at understanding the meaning of voice tones. I am better at it now and wanna maintain my improvement. I'd love to completely stop reading. That's not practical, so I'd rather just reduce my reading as much as possible. One way I can is to not have a smartphone that way nobody texts me and I only access social media from public libraries.

• I hate both texting and phone calls. I would much rather do all communication in person but alas I know that is pretty much impossible.