Are there girls who deliberately not date visually attractive men?

Are there girls who will deliberately not date visually attractive men for personal reasons? I've read comments that it makes them insecure and that she'd be afraid that he'd leave her for a better looking women. How true is this? I would think that if a guy looked good, she'd like that. Why would it be the opposite for some?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I tend to be most attracted to guys who are decent looking but not gorgeous. but, if I happened to hit it off with a hot guy I would go for it. if he was way better looking than me I would definitely feel threatened though. let's face it when a girl is with a less attractive guy no one looks twice unless he looks like shrek next to her. when a girl is with a really handsome guy and she's not as good looking we all know people may look at them funny. my friend is older and less attractive than her boyfriend and they honestly seem like a weird couple. I know all guys are different but as a whole men are more visual than women. it is more likely for us to accept a woman saying "he's not that gorgeous but his prsonality is amazing and he treats me great" than a man saying that about a woman.

What Girls Said 6

• Some girls are intimidated by good looking guys because they don't feel like they are good enough for them. Sometimes, girls have such low self-esteem that they will actually become suspicious if a hot guy starts flirting with them. They just don't believe that they can ever compare to them and so they don't feel equal.

• I think it's because a larger percentage of visually appealing men tend to be jerks and douche bags so these girls are trying to avoid that.

• My feeling is it is the other way around, guys don't want a goodlooking chick like me because she would get attention from other men and they cannot stand that (leave alone handle it), so they settles for miss below average

• If he'd was hideous I wouldn't date him

Looks matter to a certain degree. I think we can all agree to that

• Yep, hot guys tend to be jerks and a lot of women don't want to put up with it.

• Yes, plenty.

What Guys Said 0