Why do girls endlessly email on dating sites, but never meet?

I am a guy who gets replies on dating websites. So that's not a problem. But when it comes to exchanging numbers and/or suggesting a meet up, the girls stop replying. Why is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• for whatever reason they want to talk to guys, maybe see who is on there, but not actually meet. it could be that they don't want to meet you in particular because they don't think they will like you. or they could do this to many people because they either are seeing someone and just online for an ego boost, or single but only looking to talk and not meet.

What Girls Said 5

• they don't. the only reasonable answer to your presumption is that is is the man who doesn't dare to commit

• She wasn't interested

• Weighing out her options.

• It's an intimidating experience. You can click with a person while talking to them online but meeting in person is a total game changer. Maybe they're afraid that the conversation won't be as good in person or you won't like them or they won't like you - a litany of reasons.

I think that's why it's important to a) talk for more than like 5 messages before suggesting a meet up - aka have one good conversation and b) be gentle in how you suggest the meetup, don't make it a date, rather something casual that gives her (and you) an "out." I feel like meeting for coffee, though perhaps a cliche, is not a bad way to do it.

This is from personal experience using one of those websites, by the way. I was often reluctant to meet for the above reasons and also because I didn't know the guys. They could have been anyone. I had to think about my safety too.

• They are just seeing what's out there.

What Guys Said 0