How long after a break-up do you start dating again?

I was with this guy for 9 months. Long story short, he turned out to be a complete asshole. We broke up like 2 weeks ago, and I met someone and we have been dating. The last time I had broken up with someone it took me 2 1/2 years to start dating again. This time, I just felt ready very quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• when you feel comfortable. I was the same from one relationship because it was bad. the guy was extremely emotionally draining to be with. But I guess as we grow tougher after 'falling down' falling for the wrong guy, getting over it, shouldn't take too long.

What Guys Said 2

• the sooner the better. Waiting around is just wasted time

• As soon as I find someone new.

But maybe that's just because for me, I know I don't completly move on until a new person enters my life

What Girls Said 2

• When you're ready. It might take years to get over a relationship you put a lot into, or maybe you weren't into that person as much as you thought from the beginning and breaking up was the only direction the relationship was going in. Some people may judge your time sequence but to hell with them. It's your heart you have to worry about and when you're out looking for someone worthwhile, you can skip the unpleasantries.

• Are you sure this new guy isn't just a rebound..A guy to fill up the void..Coz crappy relationship or not we still do need some alone time to recuperate..and god forbid the rebound thing doesn't work..U'll be in a mess...I have had some experience in it..So just make sure your doing the right thing..