Seeing couples being intimate in public

What do you think or how do you feel when you're walking by yourself and see couples being romantic or intimate?

Holding hands, hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc.

Do you enjoy seeing happy couples behaving like that? Or do they make you feel lonely or something of that nature because you are there without a significant other?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind hugging, hand holding, etc. but making out and being all over each other is what annoys me. Not because I'm lonely, I'm in a relationship, it's just that seeing too much PDA is highly inappropriate in my opinion. Personally, I just feel like some things should be kept more private. Like I said, I don't mind seeing couples hug or hold hands but I don't want to see full on make out sessions or basically dry humping. Lol Some things are simply better kept in private, not public.

What Girls Said 11

• It makes me absolutely happy to see other people smiling or bwing cute or do anything that makes them happy. I'm the kind of person who likes to look around just read off and observe other people.

On the other hand even if it would make me happy I would get sad at a point when I'll realize that they are happy together and how much I want that with my kind of special person.

But if someone is happy in public then why would I just bitch out about them being happy for showing they're in love since I'm miserable and alone? That would be just really selfish and egotistical.

• I'm not really into public display of affection - I don't mind holding hands but kissing etc - I think that should stay within the four walls of your home - but that's just me

Like I was at the hospital and this couple came in - they sat across from me but the guy wouldn't stop rubbing his gf's stomach. I found it weird and the girlfriend was getting uncomfortable too. It was really uncomfortable cause my mum was sitting next to me reading a mag and she told me to not look and ignore him. There was this elderly couple sitting there too who just looked down poor them. I found their relationship cute - they were holding hands and talking to each other. Smiling and sharing food.

Which is why there's a time and place for certain things.

• I find it very annoying, sometimes it makes me want to vomit.

• I find it quite irritating when they make out in the middle of the halls when I'm on my way to class, and end up late because theyre trying to show the entire school how much they love each other...

• I feel nauseous.. I don't 'think' there's anything wrong with other people being intimate. I just personally am not comfortable wanting it. feels kind of beneath me.

I generally look away though.

• As we politely say in jolly old England when we see public petting going a bit too far: "Please, do get a room".

• i've never seen a couple kissing irl lol.. I think that would be very awkward so I'll probably just pretend that I didn't see anything and look away.. :)

• I'll vomit! No decency at all!

• i would look away, quite awkward

• I don't really pay all that much attention to it.

• It's cute :) It makes me happy...as long as it's not vulgar or obscene. Generally I think it's nice!

What Guys Said 5

• When I was single, if I saw strangers being intimate I would get really sad and feel lonely. I'd get the same feelings if I knew the couple but I would also be glad that they were happy. However, now that I have someone, seeing couples being intimate just makes me think of my girlfriend and makes me want to be with her.

• It depends on the PDA. Holding hands and stuff is cute but being all over each other on line at a grocery store can be annoying. Like, hold that stuff in until you leave.

• This generally doesn't bother me because I can avoid them if I want to.. It's when I have friends who are intimate when we're hanging out that annoys the hell out of me. Whenever a friend gets a new girlfriend it's annoying as hell for a while. We just throw pillows and stuff at them to stop until they get the point.

• Eh unless they're like making out I'm the middle of the street, their intimacy doesn't inspire any feelings in me, and if they are, it just makes me disgusted/annoyed.

• makes me depressed sadly