Why didn't he text me "Merry Christmas"?

I've been talking to this guy for about 2 weeks. We've been texting everyday. Usually he is the one to initiate the conversation but I do too sometimes. Yesterday we were texting and he stopped replying mid conversation (I know he read my text because he has his read receipts on) I thought he would text back later in the night but he didn't. So I expected a merry Xmas text from him today but I didn't get one. I don't want to text him because I was the one to send the last text and he stopped replying. I feel like he's not interested. wouldn't you text a girl a merry Christmas if you were interested in her?

its Thursday night and he still hasn't texted me at all...

Most Helpful Guy

• Read receipts are the worst. They do nothing but put you on pins and needles when you see a text was read but not replied.

Anyway, yes, if I was interested in a girl I would definitely text her merry Christmas. It's kinda like a free, easy reason to text a girl. If he's interested, it's strange he didn't text you that.

It's like this:...every once in a while, we kinda need to know we're not wasting our time on the pursuit of dating a new girl. If he initiates text conversation often, odds are he's interested, but in order to keep that interest up you need to make it known that you're interested in him as well.

I would say let the Christmas thing slide, and when it passes pass casual hints so he knows you think of him every once in a while.

• but you agree to not text him first right? he knows I'm interested in him, we flirt a lot when we text and I have texted first a few times.

• This is what I hate about dating..the rules and games. Wait till the end of the week. If he hasn't texted, send him a message. Sunday night is say.

What Guys Said 4

• Its common human nature to worry about stuff like this but try your best not to! Don't catastrophize things, perhaps he's busy (most probably as its family time), maybe he misplaced his phone, maybe he had an accident happen. There's so many possibilities, don't sweat it. If he doesn't reply back in a few days, shoot him a text and see how responds, then go from there.

• He might be worried about coming on too strong and having YOU lose interest...yes guys worry about that too!

• He could be busy with family, but I agree that he should reply back to you. If I was interested I would call the girl on Christmas and not text.

• It's still not too late ;)

What Girls Said 6

• maybe he's busy

• Are you positive he is single? Sounds kind of like someone came around and is around that he cannot text you now. (and why he stopped in mid convo) just a thought !

• maybe he was just busy and forget. don't take it too personally

• That's weird but maybe he got caught up in his holiday activities with his family and got distracted... But then he should've remembered to text the next day or maybe will later. I wouldn't read too much into it yet, he is a guy afterall.

• Well it was Christmas - he probably got distracted by family activities.

• he could be busy.