22 never had a boyfriend?

Is it strange? I would like to date, but I'm extremely shy and suffer from social anxiety due to past experiences. I want to get myself together first so I've been working out and trying to better myself, however I have been very lonely of late and find myself yearning for someone to lay and cuddle with. Facebook isn't exactly the best place to be at a time like this, because I see all my family either married or have someone. Even all my girlfriends from school are married, have children and are happy.

Im not looking to settle down right now, or have kids, but I find myself curious about the opposite sex, How my first kiss would feel like, how it would feel to hold his hand and hug him. Even being intimate; Of course not with anyone, but someone I grew feelings for overtime. Basically feelings that I didn't develop till I was around nineteen.

So is it strange for someone my age to have not experienced this yet? Thx,

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 23! Don't rush it...it will happen

What Guys Said 2

• No, its only human to try these things. But as most of the people answering, your not alone. So don't feel bummed, I think the guy to be with you will be pretty happy. Who knows maybe they'll have the same situation themselves.

• i'm 25 and still no girlfriend yet

What Girls Said 1

• 21 years old and no boyfriend yet, I thought I had a chance of a serious relationship but it was not meant to be, In short , if a guy comes along who is respectful, kind, sweet, etc, etc and asks me out, I'll go for it!