What do you do when you meet someone with a lot of baggage?

I recently met this girl who just broke up with her ex about a month ago. They broke up before and we started talking but she went back to her ex. She dated him for 2 years and she lost her v-card to him. Basically she threw herself at me and begged me to date her. She is older than me by 2 years. We've been dating and things are doing pretty well she posted my name all over her IG and etc. She gets real emotional for no reason sometimes and she refuses to talk about her ex unless she tells me something he has done to her. I can tell she is carrying a bunch of baggage what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't sound like a lot of baggage AT ALL.

I have way more baggage than that and we have been together for almost 3 years.

What it does sound like is that she isn't over her ex and is not ready for a relationship. She wants to be with you because she doesn't want to be alone. She is keeping you because it keeps her from going back to him. You are the rebound. And that may or may not end badly for you.

I dated an abusive guy and FINALLY was able to get away and then four days later I started dating my current boyfriend.

If her emotional state is too much for you, then you got to let her go. You can't drag yourself down to be the emotional crutch for a girl you just started to date. She also sounds really clingy, but I think that has more to do with the fact that she is trying to distract herself from him.

What Girls Said 4

• RUN...in the opposite direction as far as you can with no breaks and don't look back.lol

• That sounds really bad. You should avoid those kinds of people. Going into a relationship with a lot of baggage from your previous one, is just a recipe for disaster.

• she hasn't let go ...amd have some pend up emotions. also, she might be using you as her rebound

she might be clingy too. if one day you break up with her, she might not accept it rationally..

• you either learn to deal with it or leave

What Guys Said 1

• remove emotions

use for sex

in that order