Would you stop seeing a guy for not paying for the first date?

After he asked me 5 times to go out with him, I finally agreed. He took me to a fancy restaurant and so I ordered what I like. At the end of the date, he told the waiter we're splitting bills.

I felt like he put me on the spot. I didn't say much to him in the car. He dropped me back home, and I thought to myself I'm done with this guy for good.

I'm no longer responding to his texts or calls.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always pay for the all the dates I'm a old fashioned guy like that and I do it because I want to not becuase I have to. The only time I would ever have a women help pay is if the place is ungodly exspensive. While that does cut back on gift money that's nothing a little poetry or a nice handmade oil painting or a home cooked candle light dinner won't fix.

What Guys Said 4

• The days are gone when guys are going to pay for everything all the time. Welcome to the modern world.

Sure there are many guys who, reluctantly, stick to the traditional rules, but there are less and less guys like that.

• And why should they? Women wanted equality so they need to accept everything that comes with it.

• Exacto...most of them still want their old privileges that came along with overall inequality.

• Yeah I can see how that's rude especially since he asked you out. Honestly though, if a girl didn't want to see me again for that reason it might be beneficial to me. Either way, I do think it was rude of him.

• Maybe because it took so long for you to even go out with him so maybe when you finally said yes he he probably thought you were going out with him as a charity move. If a woman really likes you, its not going to take 5 times for her to go out with you in my opinion. You seem like you aren't really interested in him so why should he invest in you?

• In hindsight it was a stupid move on his part but if you enjoyed his company its a bit silly to be mad over that. With that being said going forward, you can send out subtle hints when he asks you to go to fancy places like "It sounds really nice but how about we go some place else, I don't want you to spend too much money on our meal" makes him pay for the first meal or he will tell you that you guys will split the bill that way :)

What Girls Said 3

• Ugh... so not only is he the one asking out but choosing the place and still demanding you to pay? Please drop him.

I don't mind doing the asking out and paying but if you going to continue asking me out until I finally say yes, at least have common sense. I'll still go with my wallet anyway and will pay if he insist but that will be our last meeting.

• Sounds like he did the asking he should have paid unless it was agreed on ahead of time to split the bill. So yes I would be reluctant to go on a second date.

• I myself go with the expectation that I will be paying my part. On the other hand if someone else had pick the location seems like they would pay. Well I mean if I was to tell a guy I am taking you on a date to the indoor rock climbing place I would pay and not just assume they had the money to take care of it.