Girls how do you feel about dating a lonely guy?

I know that this makes girls feel pressured to spend more time with me but what if I keep is a secret? If she doesn't know then she doesn't feel pressured. I don't have any friends or family. My old crush didn't mind, I didn't tell her but I was friends with her on Facebook and I may have let something slip about it, then I asked her out and we went to dinner, she wanted to talk about it and she was very supportive and attracted to me even more than before! She invited me to her birthday party and wanted to be around me as much as possible, she liked me a great deal but we lost contact some time ago.

Girls how do you feel about dating a lonely guy? Would you date a guy that doesn't have any friends or family? If the guy didn't tell you would you pick up clues? If the guy seems lonely is that a turn off?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would definitely date a lonely guy. I prefer the term hermit, but that's just me. They always seem to be more interesting than very social men. I'm a bit of a hermit myself, though I can't relate to the "no family" thing. I would have no problem dating a loner.(: I'd actually feel more comfortable around him versus someone with a lot of friends.

What Girls Said 4

• Why not? that just means that you will be dedicated to the relationship and it's less likely that she will accuse you of cheating. I don't see why someone wouldn't date someone else who is lonely.

• Sure I would. I was lonely once. Till I got a boyfriend and now I'm friends with his friends.

• Not having any family is unfortunate, sorry. Not having any friends is . . . more of a choice? I would not be attracted to a guy that didn't have any friends, that would tell me there is something not quite right. I'm super social and love meeting new people and I'm fortunate to have many great friends. I need someone who is willing to be social with me, and I want him to have his own crew to do stuff with. If I dated you and you didn't have anyone else for support, that would put A LOT of pressure on me. You can't rely on just one person to be your everything, that's just too much. The fact that you're lonely is proof of that. I think you need to focus on developing your personal life, before you try to include a woman in it. If you make some friends, become part of a club, group, team, anything . . . your loneliness should start to go away and as it goes, you'll have a much easier time meeting people/women. You wouldn't have to mention that you were lonely either, most people's intuition would sense that something was wrong, and that will make people distance themselves from you.

• He might get clingy

What Guys Said 2

• They may want to know why you're lonely.

People can be judgmental, and may consider you a loser.

• The fact that you describe yourself as lonely gives a pretty big hint that you need to work some of these issues out before trying to find a girlfriend. Otherwise, you're going to be fighting a big uphill battle that you're most likely going to lose.