How old are you and what the oldest age person you'd date? (How much older than you?)
- No matter what, I'd only date someone a few years older than me36% (12)45% (5)39% (17)Vote
- If someone looked and seemed much younger than their age, I'd date someone much older than me (10 years older or more)33% (11)18% (2)30% (13)Vote
- Even if they didn't seem young for their age, I'd date someone much older than me.(10 years older or more)18% (6)27% (3)20% (9)Vote
- I'd maybe even date someone much, much older than me. (20 years older or more)9% (3)0% (0)7% (3)Vote
- I'd only date someone my age or less.4% (1)10% (1)4% (2)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
It's hard to say by years since depending on what age bracket you're in 10 years can seem like a lot (say if you're 16 and he's 26) or a little (say if you're 45 and he's 55).
It wouldn't even be weird to me if someone that was 65 dated someone that was 85 even though, according to your poll that would make them "much, much older".
So, to answer your question with me being 18 right now I wouldn't date anyone over the age of 25.
The rule of thumb though is half your age plus 7 for those over 18. So, if you're 36 for example it is potentially socially acceptable for you to date someone 25 or older, but of course it plays into a lot of things such as maturity and experience. It would perhaps be better for a 25yr/o with a kid who's been divorced and has had experience to get with a 36yr/o than a 25yr/o that's straight out of college and just not starting their first career to get with a 36yr/o1