Poll: is it rude to not reply to an ex's text ?

My ex texted "Merry Xmas :)" on Christmas Day.

I hadn't heard from him since we broke up(one month ago).

Is it rude if I just ignore the text? And why send a Xmas text when we haven't talked in a month...?feels insulting such a superficial text

• Yes it's rude.
  • No it's not rude - you owe an ex nothing.
Backstory: we both agreed on casual basis, then he got intense and I checked him on that. We resumed casual but he wanted more and more of my time yet didn't want a relationship so I broke it off. He couldn't stick to casual yet didn't want a relationship yet didn't want me being with anyone else. It was bullsh*t. Left it on him texting "thanks I got my charger :) xx" and me saying "no worries take care!".

Now this Xmas text and I feel like why does have even have my number still?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on who broke up and why, but yes one should end things on good terms preferably and be nice to them, because it makes you feel better and also help you heal a bit faster then if you hold some sort of recentment towards them.

• I just added info above , please read and tell me what you think

• "we both agreed on casual basis, then he got intense and I checked him on that. We resumed casual but he wanted more and more of my time yet didn't want a relationship so I broke it off. He couldn't stick to casual yet didn't want a relationship yet didn't want me being with anyone else"

The fact that he wanted more as he got intense and diden't want you being with anyone else means he wanted a relationship.

• He was intense at the begining , not after I told him it's just casual. Then he calmed down and by the time I opened up more he said he didn't want a relationship right now. So yeah

What Guys Said 2

• Kinda depends how it ended. If it was a dumb relationship that was for a week then sure maybe. But if she cheated on me like my ex did to me, I will probably respond with something mean lol

• Depends how you broke up are you still friends/friendly to each other.

You could just text say the same happy Christmas and lever at that.

What Girls Said 7

• NO his is your EX you are not obligated to text him. It would be nice to text back but it depends on how the relationship ended, on what terms.

• Just ignore it

You were probably part of a mass text anyways

• Just reply with a "Merry Christmas to you too" text and then forget about it. That's the safest way to play it. I wouldn't advise on reading anything more to it than a seasonal greetings text. You know how the holidays can get...

• He's just bored and wants to mass text everyone he knows, including you, but I recommend ignoring it, ex's usually cause trouble unless you decided to just be in the friend zone, then okay.

• You don't owe him anything. He wants his cake and eat it too.

• Personally, I would assume it was a mass text so I wouldn't respond and I don't think its rude to ignore unless it was a bit more personal.

• No do not